General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Blazer Love

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 08:32 PM
BigBlackBlazer is on a distinguished road
Default Blazer Love

-Everything rattles like hell.
-Has the MPG of my Dad's Burban without the power (12 MPG).
-It nickel and dimes me for stupid parts.
-Who's the @$$hole who came to work drunk and designed this gas guage?
-The interior looks like it costs GM about $100 to manufacture.
-I bought my 02 Blazer with what looks like a radio from a 04 or 05 blazer or trailblazer (I guess the original broke), and the clock doesn't even work.
-Every single switch and motor in this thing is complete crap.
-All the money I dump into this- makes me think of going rogue and buying a Tacoma
-I had to replace the fuel pump 5 months ago, and now it sruggles to start every now and then. It still hasn't earned my trust yet. Every time I start it, I pray to hear it turn over.

I still love my blazer though, and honestly wouldn't trade it for the world! Anyone else feel me?

Old 06-23-2013, 08:48 PM
4X4GS10B is on a distinguished road

They are a labor of love..my son wants mine I'm getting him his own hes not getting mine. I love her to much to see a 16 year old beat her up she's been to good to do that to her. LOL

Old 06-23-2013, 10:23 PM
Starting Member
bear159 is on a distinguished road

I feel the same with my 95, It also rattles and makes odd noises and gets terrible millage but I love my jimmy.

Old 06-24-2013, 01:14 PM
BigBlackBlazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 4X4GS10B
They are a labor of love..my son wants mine I'm getting him his own hes not getting mine. I love her to much to see a 16 year old beat her up she's been to good to do that to her. LOL
yeah, im 18, and even though im very careful with it, i still beat her up a little and not everything gets fixed just right. I still take care of her though. It goes against all logic and common sense, but I love my Blazer.

Old 06-24-2013, 01:47 PM
slcblazer is on a distinguished road

Yeah not sure what it is, but I love my blazer. Run it rough through the trails and rocks and she comes through it with a smile. Love my blazer

Old 06-25-2013, 09:50 PM
Starting Member
Neb15 is on a distinguished road

This kinda sums up all my chevy's. Something I still love about them tho, good power, looks , fun ... just have to be handy with a wrench! And then there's the electronics... ive had 3 bad power windows in two vehicles. Wouldnt have traded any of them including my present blazer. Sure my friends honda never breaks, but its slow as hell and nobody wants to ride in the back plus it just doesnt have the character.

Old 06-25-2013, 10:11 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

what ive learned being a mechanic these last few years is every car/truck suck, they all rust they all break down they all have their issues. me, the other mechanics, the owner, and the parts guy up front we all drive older chevys. just for the simple fact that they are usually way easier to fix then any other make.

i have a 93 s10 as my offroad truck, had it about 4-5 years it just gets beat up for 8 hours then parked, and its the best running truck i have i never did anything to the engine since ive owned it. think i changed the oil once

Old 06-26-2013, 01:01 AM
Toby Hanson will become famous soon enough

I wouldn't trade any of my S/T trucks for anything. You could offer to trade me a brand-new Z28 Camaro and I wouldn't take it for any of my trucks. Yeah, a Camaro is cool, but I can haul an accordion, a keyboard, equipment racks, speakers, mic stands, and lunch, and still park it in Downtown Seattle. Can a Camaro do that? No. I may have to fix my trucks but they're hardy and endlessly rebuildable with only a modicum of difficulty.

Then again, using a Camaro for hauling gear is kind of dumb.

Old 06-26-2013, 03:14 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Despite all the issues mine had, I still want another.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:55 PM
roypai is on a distinguished road

I love my Blazer now that I have it but getting it was actually a 'practicality' decision for me and my odd logic. needed 4x4 for early morning commute on unplowed roads in the winter, basically wanted 'car with ground clearance', didn't want uni-body, wanted GM for above mentioned easy fix'n, and sure as hell don't trust new. Blazer fit the bill and I've only ever regretted the fuel economy (but i'm working on that )

This site's been a godsend for smoothing over some of the aggravations too. got my trans trouble shooted, water in the footwells after rain, usual 4x4 'issues', rear tire carrier on my 4 door, and defroster/vacuum troubles among others all fixed up because of this site.

Wife thought she hated my blazer but now that's she's driven it a bit she wants one too

Quick Reply: Blazer Love