General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Blazer vs Envoy !!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 05:10 PM
JBLAZE is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Blazer vs Envoy !!

Other than the different body styles, is one more reliable that the other, less repair issues , pro and cons ?? Ive been driving a 98 Blazer for 80000 miles , with the usual intake leak, crazy blinkiing turn signals, Iam taking a second look at the Envoy, What say you ??

Old 03-30-2008, 07:06 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Blazer vs Envoy !!

Which envoy? The GMT 350/360 platform or the S10/Sonoma platform?
If 360/370, my mom owns one and its very reliable. Fuel mileage is worse though. My mom drives granny style and gets 14.5. The transmission messed up and was replaced under warranty, but thats all.

Old 03-30-2008, 07:44 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Not to mention the extra horse power, torque, and 3rd row seating.

It's a bigger vehicle. Kinda like comparing a K5 blazer to an S10.

Old 03-30-2008, 07:53 PM
willjones is an unknown quantity at this point

They aren't really two trucks that can be compared, because they are so different. Now if you were comparing the blazer to like an escape or something that size then there would be more to discuss.

Old 03-30-2008, 08:28 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The GMT 360 platform vehicles is the replacement for the S-series SUVs. The extended versions (GMT 370) are the ones with the 3rd row and are a lot longer than a 4dr s-series suv.

As far as transmissions go, it is the same 4L60E that is in the s-series trucks.

My Rainier is everything that my Bravada was with more room inside, seems to fit in the garage better, and the 4.2L I6 engine is SO much more than the 4.3L V6. There are already many of these motors up over 200k on another forum I am a part of. They are proving to be VERY reliable and the power (275HP/275FtLb w/ 245FtLb off idle!) is addicting! The mileage could be improved a bit though. On winter mix fuel, I'm around 14.5MPG, but have seen as low as 13.2MPG on a week with a lot of fire calls and really bad weather.

The GMT360 platform is heavier than the S-series 4dr platform, but it is also quieter, rides much better, and is roomier inside as I have already said. I wouldn't hesitate to get one if you were in the market.

Old 03-30-2008, 08:45 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

The ride quality is something else! rear coils!

Old 03-30-2008, 08:48 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, factory 4 link with either coil springs or factory air bags!

Old 03-30-2008, 09:06 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

How easy is it to lift a GMT 360?

More like doin a jeep or more like the s-series loveable limitations?

Old 03-30-2008, 09:12 PM
Administrator

Depends on how high you want to go. They have lift blocks that will allow for 2" lift. Higher than that and you would have to do a SFA swap as the front diff runs through the oil pan (yeah, through it)! Higher than that in the back and you'd likely have to have new 4 link arms made to keep the axle centered.

Atleast it still has a frame under it. Can't say that for the comparable Jeeps.

Old 03-30-2008, 11:05 PM
JBLAZE is an unknown quantity at this point

What your take on the 08' BuickEnclave CXL, Whats the word on th 3.6L engine ??

Quick Reply: Blazer vs Envoy !!