General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Blazers are CRAP!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 03:44 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough
Default Blazers are CRAP!!

so after hanging out with 3 of my good friends tonight, they start hating on my blazer because its the little "bi***" of all our cars... "its the cheapest msrp of all our cars, its the slowest, smallest for its class, horrible mileage, and just plain crap" this sent me into a bad mood but all i could do is laugh at them... heres why

1998 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0v8 AWD
bought for 8000 with 50,000 miles on it in 2005. today it has 105,000 miles
since then he has had to pour about 6,000 dollars into it for repairs

1998 BMW M3
bought for 12000 with 95,000 miles on it in 2006, today it has 127,000 miles
crashed it twice, steering is still messed up, rim is bent
put about 5000 dollars into it for repairs and it still isn't right

2004 saturn ion redline
bought it for 9000 with 18,000 miles on it in 2009, today it has 34,000 miles
just took it into the shop to have the slave cylinder, throwout bearing, clutch and flywheel replaced for 1350.
new front bumper and spoiler, 1000 (from dealer and color matched)

MY BABY
2004 Chevy Blazer 2 door 2 wheel drive
bought it for 13,400 with 18,000 miles on it in 2006, today it has 71,000 miles
in 6 years, repairs have cost me a total of 800 dollars!!!

So for me driving the crap car, i'd have to say, MY "POC" IS THE CHEAPEST, MOST RELIABLE, MOST USABLE, AND MOST FUN!!!

Thats my little rant and i'm curious to see if i'm the only one with stupid friends like that haha.

Old 03-03-2010, 06:01 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

All my friends drive S-Series or own S-Series trucks, so I don't have that problem. lol

Old 03-03-2010, 06:42 AM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

you must be one of the lucky few. i've put more money into my blazer then i even paid for it.

Old 03-03-2010, 06:52 AM
Phil is on a distinguished road

I love mine, my friends do too. The only people who sometimes complain are my gf and here mom when the three of us go somewhere and take the Blazer, whoever is in the backseat hates getting back there. Oh well, I refuse to have a 4dr anything until I have kids. And when that day comes, it'll probably be a Blazer so I can transfer things over

Old 03-03-2010, 07:02 AM
Starting Member
Rogue is on a distinguished road

Know many a person, one being a life-long friend of 50+ years. (yea, I`m kind of old). Many are current\former Military. All are still very active in outdoor type activities. Extreme camping, tactical shooting. Quit a few are still active in the Reserves.

What is their choice of vehicle? You guessed it. Blazers, 1st and 2ed Gen and Jeeps. Many with both.

Mileage is always an arguable topic. 4x4`s, especially older models just are`t going to get good MPG`s. To big, arguably underpowered. Throw in over sized tires, additional weight from the front drive train, any goodies that go into making it more functional for off-roading....their go`s the mileage.
And they sure were never intended to race, least not in the 1/4 or 1/8 mile straight line.
Personally, I`m willing to make the trade for the ability to go when and where I need to go regardless of the weather.

Screw the haters....their jealous.

Last edited by Rogue; 03-03-2010 at 07:55 AM.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:33 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Don't have the problem either. Everyone loves my truck.

I find it absolutely hilarious that someone in a SATURN ION is making fun of your truck. The Ion's were one of Saturn's many vehicle FAILS. Sales for them bombed, and they were terrible cars IMO. Ugly, cheap, and Saturn. He has no right to make fun of you driving a car like that lol.
The others are totally different though. An Explorer is a full sized truck, and an M3 is an amazing car lol.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:39 AM
Beginning Member
trapperjohn4077 is on a distinguished road

"I find it absolutely hilarious that someone in a SATURN ION is making fun of your truck."

+1

Old 03-03-2010, 09:12 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

LMAO @ the Ion.

My Blazer eats $$$ faster than my kids.... they are hit and miss

Old 03-03-2010, 09:59 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

I take some **** from people who drive dakotas, and silverados... but each person has a 2wd version and I just throw that out there... Also I tend just to smile and laugh, because that pisses most everyone off more than a comeback

Old 03-03-2010, 10:19 AM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

lol my friend drives a bmw too. but the way we look at it is he has a fun on road car and I have the fun off road car. I haven't had any problems with mine other than the alternator went out on it. and I have had mine for almost 2 years now. I think deep down your friends are jealous. I know my friend with the bmw wishes he still had his silverado so he could go 4 wheeling with me insted of sit in the passengers seat. and your friend with the explorer probably wishes that his was more of an offroad vehicle than a luxury suv and your friend with the saturn is just mad because he has the lowest end of GM you can possibly buy

Quick Reply: Blazers are CRAP!!