Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   General Chat (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/)
-   -   Blazers are CRAP!! (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/blazers-crap-41618/)

zedartwo 03-04-2010 01:33 PM

I will always be GM guy. My dad has a 09 F150 - hates the 6 speed tranny. He's always been a GM guy, every 2-3 years theres a brand new GM full-sized in the driveway.

My mom used to have grand prix's, monte carlo's, Cutlass supreme's and is now stuck with an 07 Camary. It just got back from the dealer to get the recalls done. EVERYTHING FAILED! All the brakes need to be done, power steering leaks, brake fluid is down, Oil get dirty too quickly.

My Jimmy: Oil changes, Thermostat and coolant flush (stupid dex-cool) and now needs an O2 sensor. Hmm thats all less than $1000.

Safe to say GM is the way to go! My freinds have civics and old fords with 4 different tires. They don't say *hit.

RangerG 03-04-2010 03:29 PM

I don't take any flack from anyone about my Blazer. Everyone loves the look of it. The one complaint is getting into the back of the 2-door. They whine and complain until they are in there, then I always hear "Wow it is really roomy back here".

The suffering just leads up to another positive. I have friends with a Dakota, and a Tacoma. The Tacoma is a 2.4L 4-Cylinder, so no insults coming from him. The Dakota is the Magnum V8, but that sure is not the best build engine money can buy. Repairs galore have gone into that thing.

Most everyone else just compliments it on the looks.

MTopper 03-04-2010 03:38 PM

My family is pretty similar Zedartwo..
Mom - 2003 GMC Envoy XL
Brother 1 - 2000 Grand Prix se with 160,000k miles still running strong
Brother 2 - 2004 Pontiac GTO with 550hp at wheels 562 lbs tq, DD 2009 Chevy Avalanche
Sister in law - 2010 Saturn Outlook
Cousin - 2003 GMC Yukon XL (they live 2 blocks away)
Cousin's husband - 2008 Ford F150 (he gets them for about 150 a month) because he likes the Ford blue..... he's an idiot haha

People who just meet me like the look of mine, its my buddies who all get money thrown at them from mom and dad who ask "why don't you get tail lights? why don't you get projectors? Why don't you finish your system?" I work for my money, they sit at home and watch tv/ play video games

chiefum 03-04-2010 05:29 PM

My daily is a 98 ford explorer..................never had any problems..............and I just hit 200k.

*knocks on wood*

When I was looking......I looked at the blazers, explorers and durangos......to me the explorer seemed superior to the blazer and durango.......but it all comes down to personal preference............I'm not brand specific......I drive what I like.......I've owned plymouth, pontiac, honda, chevy, mitsubishi, ford, oldsmobile, honda, and my wife drives a toyota.

MTopper 03-04-2010 05:32 PM

my reasoning is that my dad worked for GM for the last 18 years and i have gm employee discount for the rest of my life (life policy through GM somehow, i'm not complaining). So my family buys what they can get cheap that is American, no offense to foreign cars but being a GM employee family member and Metro Detroiter, i've been taught to buy as much domestic as you can

chiefum 03-04-2010 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by MTopper (Post 307945)
my reasoning is that my dad worked for GM for the last 18 years and i have gm employee discount for the rest of my life (life policy through GM somehow, i'm not complaining). So my family buys what they can get cheap that is American, no offense to foreign cars but being a GM employee family member and Metro Detroiter, i've been taught to buy as much domestic as you can

That's crazy...................that must be nice.........:)

MTopper 03-04-2010 06:02 PM

:icon_that:Awesome Truck!!!

Well, he was all of 2 years from being able to retire from GM and keep his benefits and such (this was before GM hit rock bottom thank god) when he tragically passed.... SO, my family gets his benefits and only use the discount to buy cars, my mom has better health insurance through her school.

My brother bought his avalanche through GM pep program, got a 2009 avalanche LT with 2,000 miles on it, for about 2/3 the msrp price with a brand new warranty starting at the point where he picked it up... Its really nice haha

Biohazed 03-04-2010 07:26 PM

I got thruogh Blazer hating at work on a regular basis the biggest offender at work has a 84 Ram Charger all my Blazer "Cavalier off-road"and well I work at a Landscaping repair shop and we have area for mulch so the one day I challenged him to a run around the mulch pit my '95 vs his Ramcharger i made it thru twice with no problems he got stuck his first time around the mulch pile and to add insult to injury i pulled him out lmao

blazendizz 03-04-2010 10:52 PM

i love my truck i its 4 door so i don't have a problem with people getting in and out it drives ok but not that good im having fuel pump problems and it's pissing me off i paid 500 for my truck and put about 300 into it and bout to put probably 300 more but for under 2000 i got a bad ass truck

MTopper 03-12-2010 02:01 AM

Blazendizz, the one thing i've found about blazers in Metro Detroit is that they are such an easy fix for mechanics because everything is so accessible underneath and what not. Not to mention all our awesome junk yards that have trucks from the 70s-brand new in them. My favorite one to go to is Parts Galore on 8 mile and Hoover.. There is another one on warren & Livernois area that would have a ton of stuff for your year. Mine is too new.

THEY HAVE UP TO 1997 BUT DONT HAVE 1998S!!!! but they do have newer fords and chryslers hahaha