General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Blazers/Jimmys in movies

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 11:26 AM
ComputerNerdBD is on a distinguished road
Default Blazers/Jimmys in movies

Anyone know of any Blazer or Jimmy sightings in movies? Anyone know of any movies where it was a major part of a scene or the entire movie? I know Laurie Strode used a red 1998 GMC Jimmy 4x4 SLT in Halloween H20 (IDENTICAL to mine except for the paint color!!) Notice the steering wheel (1998 Airbag Style). Notice the scene when she parks the truck to get lunch. You can see the "SLT" on the door and the 4x4 controls on the dashboard.

Also how do you guys think they made the truck refuse to start (She was turning the key, the starter motor was turning, but it didn't start) on the first few tries when they all get in the truck to escape Michael Myers?

Old 11-14-2009, 12:04 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Tom Arnold drove a silver 1st gen Jimmy in:

Thats the main one that comes to mind. I know I've seen them in backgrounds of hundreds of other movies and shows, but no major roles.

Old 11-14-2009, 01:15 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ComputerNerdBD
Also how do you guys think they made the truck refuse to start (She was turning the key, the starter motor was turning, but it didn't start) on the first few tries when they all get in the truck to escape Michael Myers?
Remote kill switch to kill the spark? Somewhere between the coilpacks/distributer and the spark plugs is my guess.

Old 11-14-2009, 01:38 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

That or it was done by the sound editors after the fact.

Old 11-14-2009, 01:51 PM

Ok thanks just curious. I wonder if GM objected to it because it might damage the truck's image back in 1998?

Old 11-14-2009, 02:21 PM
BF Veteran

I've never seen the movie, but were the GM badges (besides the SLT one) left on the vehicle? I lot of times they will black them out or remove them to avoid such issues.
I doubt GM had a issue with it though.

Old 11-14-2009, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Sisk
I've never seen the movie, but were the GM badges (besides the SLT one) left on the vehicle? I lot of times they will black them out or remove them to avoid such issues.

Nope. All clearly visible. Nothing blacked out or removed. Just so funny how the truck wasn't damaged in any way on screen. Maybe they made sure of that to make a GOOD image??

Old 11-14-2009, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Sisk

Nope. All clearly visible. Nothing blacked out or removed. Just so funny how the truck wasn't damaged in any way on screen. There was one scene where it was certain Michael Myers was going to do something..... Maybe they made sure of that to make a GOOD image??

Old 11-14-2009, 05:48 PM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

Check out this LINK you can even sort by role importance.

Old 11-14-2009, 05:55 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

haha cool stuff!

Quick Reply: Blazers/Jimmys in movies