General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Body lift, oh yeah!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 02:16 AM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Body lift, oh yeah!

Some of you have probably heard little bits and pieces but its true, i do have a body lift now. Its a 2" PA lift that i got from Jigg's site (you rule man) and i put it on this past weekend while on vacation.......yes i did this while on vacation, so what?

As far as difficulty went, not that bad. Worst part is that my darn brother decided to lend out half the tools that i needed so i was spending half the first day just trying to scrap together the tools i needed. After that i just went by the instructions. That brings up my next point, WHO THE HECK WROTE THE INSTRUCTION MANUAL TO THIS THING!?!?!?! My word the pictures are pretty poor and sometimes dont make sense. Plus they ask ya to move stuff that has no relation to lift being as it doesnt get stretched or in the way (ie taking out the battery, battery support, vacuum actuator, and the positive terminal box). Now that being said some things made sense (ground strap, brake line retainers, etc) but really some crap can be omitted. Also they say to use hose extensions that come with the kit to extend the filler neck to the gas tank. What they gave me was the exact same size as the factory flexible hose pieces and even with the factory ones in there still, i got no leaks at all and ive run 2 tanks through already. And lastly the thing that kicked my **** because i didnt have all the tools was the rear bumper. You have to cut a whole crapload of it away to make it fit. And be prepared to have to take it down a few times because just when you think you got it all cut away, there is more to cut.

At any rate there was some discussion as to whether (sp?) or not the body lift and the hunter brush guard will work together. Well after some time and thought to the bracket i got it to work. Its hard to explain but i can take some pictures of it later to show what i did and drilled and such. What does help though is to enlarge all the holes on the relocation bracket and the side bumper mounts to 9/16 or larger to give yourself some room to work with.

SOOOO without any further ranting and raving from my part (and because its really late at night and i need sleep) here are some pictures taken on my old digi camera as i couldnt find the newer one. Clicky

Old 08-10-2007, 05:09 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Body lift, oh yeah!

3:16 AM?!?! JEEZ!!! Talk about dedication! Lift looks sick, glad you were able to pull it off even with limited tools! The combo of the brush guard, BL, and BFG's will make your truck rise above the rest!

Old 08-10-2007, 07:07 AM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

You know that he's in AZ don't you? So its really 12:16am.

Anyway. Congrats on getting it all together! We should be seeing that new sig after a while too.

Old 08-10-2007, 07:37 AM
Jigg is an unknown quantity at this point

NICE!!!! Glad to see you got it all together without any major hitches.

You're right about the directions, some of the stuff they say to do is utterly ridiculous.

Old 08-10-2007, 07:41 AM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

I think a goot set of wheel spacers would complete the look/

Old 08-10-2007, 08:39 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Wow that looks really good.

Old 08-10-2007, 08:54 AM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

Yeah that looks real good. I agree with the wheel spacers and don't know if you were planning on up to 33's but those would look kick *** too. Looking nice, can't wait to lift my Blazer.

Old 08-10-2007, 11:26 AM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point

I swear all of ya must be in my head or something because im planning on doing wheel spacers firstand then gettingsome 32's (because i can get a set of 4 for $200) and then after that im getting new rims (16" rims with different back spacing and then ill probably keep the 32's with the spacers as backups) and im getting a set of 33" MTRs for $400 from my roommate when he lifts his jeep again (hes going to 37's).

BTW, speaking of my sig ↓↓↓ (thanks again brent)

Old 08-12-2007, 03:44 AM
89beater is an unknown quantity at this point

man that looks awesome

Old 08-12-2007, 11:12 AM
BF Veteran
user 1016 has a spectacular aura aboutuser 1016 has a spectacular aura about

ORIGINAL: RCars2

I swear all of ya must be in my head or something
yes....yes we are.....we all float down here....ha ha ha ah!!! looks awesome man!! I'm so jealous....maybe my next truck in a year or two.....

Quick Reply: Body lift, oh yeah!