General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Brand prefence on replacemnet parts

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 07:43 PM
rvman719 is on a distinguished road
Default Brand prefence on replacemnet parts

I need to rplace my ignition module. Should I go with the cheaper brand Tru-Tech or with the better ones like AC Delco or Delphi? I know it makes a difference on spark plugs, wires and cap. Just want to get some other Blazer owners input/opinions. Thanks

Old 02-18-2012, 07:54 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

If it's electrical use AC/Delco or Delphi.

Old 02-18-2012, 07:55 PM
Park is on a distinguished road

After all the reading I've done on this forum (and I still have much more to read) I think it's worth to take the extra step and get the AC Delco or Delphi parts. Also with some parts it pays for it self. I called up autozone yesterday for O2 sensors, the wanted $60 for a single upstream bosch. Then I called up a chevy dealer. $45 for an OEM upstream O2 sensor.

Old 02-18-2012, 08:10 PM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Park
After all the reading I've done on this forum (and I still have much more to read) I think it's worth to take the extra step and get the AC Delco or Delphi parts. Also with some parts it pays for it self. I called up autozone yesterday for O2 sensors, the wanted $60 for a single upstream bosch. Then I called up a chevy dealer. $45 for an OEM upstream O2 sensor.
For ignition module ALWAYS go OEM. Ford guys found that out the hard way back in the 80/90's. If I remember correctly so did SBC HEI owners.

You havent read enough or you wouldnt have considered Bosch O2's, anyway. Somehow the inventor of the thing cant make em work with GM. Same with spark plugs... Dont work good with most GM and Ford.
For plugs.. after reading a LOT, my preferences are, in order: AC D, NGK {makes many ACD} and Motorcraft.

For Fuel pumps, Delphi is the OEM and AC D the aftermarket. Sometimes though you can get AC D cheaper. Distant third would be Walbro kit for new pump in a sender rebuild. But that's a big '?'. They work great as a Ford OEM but GM runs different pressure parameters.

It's gratifying to me that dealers are actually getting into the competitive game, parts-price wise.

Last edited by pettyfog; 02-18-2012 at 08:21 PM.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:37 PM
Park is on a distinguished road

No worries, I've read enough to know to stay away from bosch. I just like to call to compare prices. It's something I get a kick out of. Though I would have never thought Walbro would be iffy, I hear a lot of good things about them from the 4th gen camaro guys I've met.

Old 02-18-2012, 08:51 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Well hold on a sec. Don't bash Bosch for everything! They make a great oil filter!

Old 02-18-2012, 09:29 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Ac delco / delphi

Old 02-18-2012, 09:54 PM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by tibby
Well hold on a sec. Don't bash Bosch for everything! They make a great oil filter!
Better than ACd I hear. And AFAIK still make great injectors.. though Denso's probably pushing them on those.

Hell I'm a HUGE Bosch fan. If they hadnt designed the Jetronic EFI system, I'd never have gotten back into working on cars.
Just there's a difference between systems and production engineering.

NEVER let Brand Loyalty influence you into buying crap!

Old 02-19-2012, 03:24 PM
Starting Member
91chevywt is an unknown quantity at this point

I would be a little careful with AC Delco stuff anymore. It's not the same quality as it was years ago. Most of the "aftermarket" parts manufacturers are actually carrying parts that are exactly the same as each other, just in a different box. It seems to me, on some things, like ignition parts, AC Delco is starting to sell the exact same parts. You may think you're getting a better part, but it very well could be the same exact thing as say, "Standard Motor Products" just boxed differently, and priced higher.

My best advice is, Take an AC Delco and a Delphi out of the box, and look them over carefully. Look at the fit and finish, along with the place of manufacturing. Also, see if there are similarities in part numbers between the different brands. If you want the best, I would steer towards Delphi over AC Delco.

Old 02-19-2012, 03:32 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Hey i was wondering if any 1 use OE brand front end products ?

Quick Reply: Brand prefence on replacemnet parts