General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Building my own version of the "Winter Import Bumper"

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 03:48 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

then ditch the class II hitch, and get a bigger one.

Old 02-23-2011, 11:34 PM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

i agree,,,,ditch the hitch.

those hitches are only good for.............umm............come on guys help me out here!

Old 02-24-2011, 09:19 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

i was gonna say they're only good for mounting a bike carrier to haul around your 2 year old's tricycle........but remembered those need a 2" receiver as well!

only thing a class I/II receiver is good for is a shin knocker.

Old 02-24-2011, 06:02 PM

^ Nope SOME bike carriers are 1-1/4"..............but.....thats about it..you could tow your kids power wheels out of the ditch.MAYBE..

Old 02-24-2011, 06:39 PM
BF Guru

hmmmm.........i've only ever seen them on a 2" tube.

Old 02-24-2011, 07:01 PM

there are LOTS available for the 1-1/4
I should know, i sell them

THE best is i saw a car using a rack that is only available in a 2"........they had a 1-1/4 to a 2" adapter....WTF....who in their right mind would make such an adapter..

Old 02-26-2011, 06:16 PM
Starting Member
JTalley is on a distinguished road

I'm in the process of building a bike hauling rack for Ed. That way I don't have to leave all my bikes here when we move.

Old 02-27-2011, 01:44 PM
Starting Member
Brianator99 is an unknown quantity at this point

It's a mini van. It has room for like 20 bikes inside the van. Just take the seats out.

Old 02-27-2011, 05:14 PM
Starting Member
JTalley is on a distinguished road

I don't want to leave all my seats in Oklahoma and go to Maryland or where ever Mom decides to go. Also, I have to fit practically everything from the house in the van, and I have to haul two dogs, two cats and two humans.

That's why I'm making the rack.

Old 02-27-2011, 06:12 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Those seats fold down don't they? I know my buddy has plenty of room in there for his life and other *ahem* extracurricular activities *cough* bow chica bow wow... *cough* chica wow

Either way can't you rent a uHaul?

Quick Reply: Building my own version of the "Winter Import Bumper"