General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Built Blazer Tough -- Insane!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 12:11 PM
DetroitMuscle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Built Blazer Tough -- Insane!!

ORIGINAL: cwiththehad

Yah **** deer i hate them.....So i know you all like chevy blazers alot and so do i but what do you think about a hyundai tiburon GT

Id go with a mazda 6 v6/6 speed. makes the tibby look like a civic.

Old 11-21-2007, 02:20 PM
BlazerBull is an unknown quantity at this point

Holy Smokes that's some crash. Glad you both are ok. There was a lady that died last year when she swirved to avoid a deer but she went head on into a tree. So now you get penalized if you don't hit the deer.

I agree free meat!

Old 11-21-2007, 02:26 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

damn dude. thats crazy. a buddy of mine wrecked his 4x4 f-150 the same way you did, but it was a dog he managed to only roll twice and walked away unhurt

Old 11-21-2007, 05:28 PM
cwiththehad is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont know about the mazda 6 making a tibby look like a honda sick...I talked to a local performance shop today and they said a tibby GT can go faster from 0-60 than a corvette. I dont know how much B/S that is but i dont know about mazda 6's. Id go with a RX-7 or 8 if i went mazda

Old 11-21-2007, 07:11 PM
Starting Member
cr1msonmyst is an unknown quantity at this point

Ouch! Sorry to hear about you're accident, glad you guys were able to walk away though. As for the tiburon, I say go for it its a decent looking little car. Probably harder to roll too.

Old 11-21-2007, 07:37 PM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Aw man, that really sux. You have (well kinda more had at this point) a really good lookin rig there. I say get another one man, dont give in to the eco friendly little rice burner. Heck imagine (heaven forbid) if you got in a another accident in a pocket rocket, bad times. Stick with the blazer, get a brush guard and show those deer you mean business.

Old 11-21-2007, 07:48 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: RCars2
Stick with the blazer, get a brush guard and show those deer you mean business.
lol i 2nd that. dont let the deer beat you

Old 11-21-2007, 09:56 PM
gocartone is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont know about the mazda 6 making a tibby look like a honda sick...I talked to a local performance shop today and they said a tibby GT can go faster from 0-60 than a corvette. I dont know how much B/S that is but i dont know about mazda 6's. Id go with a RX-7 or 8 if i went mazda
Don't ever go to that shop again!A Vettewill run0-60 in abouthalf the time a tibby gt does. A better comparison would be a Blazer and a tibby gt then that haha...how much money are you looking to spend on a new car? I was trying to get a nice sports car last summer but I was always to busy with work and needed my car so it was hard to try and sell it. Just give me a price range and what your looking for and I'll help you out the best I can. Considering tibby gts are around $10,000 some good cars would be- Focus SVT,Civic SI, Integra GSR, Talon TSI/Eclipse GS-T/GSX, Mazda 3, VW Jetta/GTI/Golfand thats about all I can think of for sport compacts now. For sports cars-3000gt VR4/stealth awd, LS1 Camaro/Trans Am, 300ZX TT,Mustang GT's or Cobra's and thats about all I can think of right now. Make sure when checking them out to check over them very good as sports cars are usually very very abused.

Old 11-22-2007, 11:00 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

DSM products can be iffy with durability at times

Tibby's aren't bad little cars... Not something I'd personally buy for myself, but that's because FWD = EVIL, and not the good kind.

I'm keeping my eye out for a nice '85 Toyota Corolla GT-S hatchback, myself, lol.

Old 11-22-2007, 11:37 AM
DetroitMuscle is an unknown quantity at this point

100% pure BS.. that "shop" prolly has very little repeat business and some really STOOPID workers to feed you that line... If you go with a rotary powered car, you better find the best damn wankel mechanic in your area, those cars are very high and expensive maintence.

Ive rented em both, the 6 and the tibby, I had alot more fun in the 6 and with 4 doors you get a very nice insurance break over the 2 door gt.

As far as DSM problems I thought that they were done...if you get a newer mitsu you will not have the infamous DSM crankwalk.

You did have full coverage on the ZR-2 right?

Quick Reply: Built Blazer Tough -- Insane!!