General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

bullydog fuel monitor+gauges all in one/will this work for a blazer

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010 | 05:43 PM
|
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road
Default bullydog fuel monitor+gauges all in one/will this work for a blazer

just like it says. bullydog makes this fuel monitor system and what i'm more interested in is the electric gauges. specifically the tranny temp. anyone ever used one of these or something like and let me know if this ones good or if another one is better and if the transmission temp would work, thanks
or if anyone knows what other gauges on the bullydog product that would be compatible with the blazer
http://www.bullydog.com/product/inde...uct_detail/290

http://www.autoanything.com/performa...A4441A0A0.aspx

Last edited by Spectreblazer; 01-18-2010 at 07:04 PM.
Old 01-18-2010 | 07:08 PM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

never eally used one, but if your main interest is a tran temp guage. It would be a hell of alot cheaper getting an aftermarket temp guage.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Auto%20Meter/1...0002/-1?CT=999

Old 01-18-2010 | 07:26 PM
|
Banned

Originally Posted by Unlimitedsp
never eally used one, but if your main interest is a tran temp guage. It would be a hell of alot cheaper getting an aftermarket temp guage.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Auto%20Meter/1...0002/-1?CT=999
i like the idea of having all the gauges that come with it. its like 24 but the problems is i cant find a compatibility website that would show which ones work specifically for the blazer. i did some more research and its compatible with anything 1996 and newer. i also like the idea of setting alerts for tranny temp and oil pressure, etc. yes it would be cheaper for just a tranny temp gauge but i dont know if it would have the alert feature. also all the other cool things you could do with this monitor. like 0-60 test and 1/4mile, horsepower, torque, etc. its pretty cool but i dont really want to fork out $250 for something that isn't going to work for my application.

Last edited by Spectreblazer; 01-18-2010 at 07:31 PM.
Old 01-18-2010 | 07:42 PM

Yea i see what your saying. The way it looks is it gets all its info thru the obd port. If thats the case It should all work on the truck. I used a friends scan tool that could read all temps thru the obd port, it could also do, boost, 0-60, 1/8 and 1/4 times. I dont see why this wouldnt work.

Old 01-18-2010 | 07:52 PM
|
Banned

Yea i see what your saying. The way it looks is it gets all its info thru the obd port. If thats the case It should all work on the truck. I used a friends scan tool that could read all temps thru the obd port, it could also do, boost, 0-60, 1/8 and 1/4 times. I dont see why this wouldnt work.
still waiting on bullydog to back to me i emailed them. one site that did sell it showed the tranny temp only worked on diesels. which confuses me cause if you can read it through an obd scanner (i gotta try it at school, see if it works on mine) then the monitor should piggy back off of that same sensor. other websites say that the tranny temp gauge does work. so i dont know if the website that said only diesels were thinking gasoline applications as in 4cyl. and other cars where it isn't as important to monitor it unless your towing. also on the actual sensor. would it measure the temp of the transmission fluid or mine has the towing package so it has the oil cooler setup. would it measure that temp. never done one before so thats why i figured the bullydog would be the easiest. still never hurts to know what its using to get that reading.

Old 01-18-2010 | 08:08 PM

Yea not sure where its getting the readings from. But it looks like it has a 30 day money back gurantee. So it wouldnt hurt to try it and if it dosent work, you could always return it. I would like to know what they say

Old 01-18-2010 | 08:13 PM
|
Banned

Yea not sure where its getting the readings from. But it looks like it has a 30 day money back gurantee. So it wouldnt hurt to try it and if it dosent work, you could always return it. I would like to know what they say
alright i'll keep you posted on what they tell me. i was planning on doing a whole pod gauge and different gauges. but heck i'd save alot of time and money if this would work out. plus if i ever decide to change blazers or do a performance test on a buddies truck. its a simple unplug obd and replug in and good to go.

Old 01-18-2010 | 09:12 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Did you even look to see if this is for use with a Chevy Blazer? I did. It's not.

Take a look at the ScanGageII.

Old 01-18-2010 | 09:15 PM
|
Banned

Originally Posted by AJBert
Did you even look to see if this is for use with a Chevy Blazer? I did. It's not.

Take a look at the ScanGageII.
on their website they show it works for any vehicle 1996 and newer so it should work for the chevy blazer. the question is which gauges will work. for $250 it shouldn't be a plain jane model. i looked at scan gages and i highly dislike their displays. the bullydog is color and on the scan gauge i dont believe you can do performance test. but like you said it all comes down to what works and what doesnt.

Old 01-19-2010 | 12:51 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Yea not sure where its getting the readings from.

most o the diesel guys are running a sensor right from the trans, more accurate.

if all you're really concerned with is the trans temp, then why spend the extra $ on all of the other features? are you really gonna use them, or would it be more for the, "wow, look @ what i've got sitting here on my pillar/dash"?

be honest, unless you've got the $ to spend for no reason.

not trying to bash or criticize, but the extra $ could be used on other upgrades to the Blazer instead.

Quick Reply: bullydog fuel monitor+gauges all in one/will this work for a blazer