General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Bumper concept

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 11:42 AM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough
Default Bumper concept

My turn.

I was playing around with this idea for a bumper.. actually it's based on this video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZxZ9...&feature=feedf

It has a top section, mostly for cool looks and a place to mount tow hooks, lights, and the licence plate. Then it has a metal bumper below that hooks in via the stock tow hook mounts, and it sticks out to protect the car.

Name:  C98AQl.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  72.8 KB

Name:  3cgtjl.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  4.8 KB

Old 07-12-2011, 12:41 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Old 07-12-2011, 12:44 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Gary!! OH GOD! That's hilarious! Kinda goofy how that FJ was laid out in the front... Don't do that Craig!

I agree on the running boards. It's not like a stock or t-bar cranked 4-dr blazer is going to have great break over angles, but the running boards just kill it.

Craig, if you are going to build a bumper, you really need to get the truck up in the air more before going into the bumper designs. Spend your money more wisely.

Old 07-12-2011, 01:46 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by TripleBlackBlazer
Hahaha That is awesome!!

Old 07-12-2011, 02:18 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

LOL

Old 07-12-2011, 02:19 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Gary!! OH GOD! That's hilarious! Kinda goofy how that FJ was laid out in the front... Don't do that Craig!

I agree on the running boards. It's not like a stock or t-bar cranked 4-dr blazer is going to have great break over angles, but the running boards just kill it.

Craig, if you are going to build a bumper, you really need to get the truck up in the air more before going into the bumper designs. Spend your money more wisely.
My plan is to raise it first.

And I plan on losing the boards once I can get some kind of rock rails or sliders.

Old 07-12-2011, 02:23 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

What are you planning for in terms of a lift? Just t-bar & shackles? Spring over axle in the back & solid front? SOA & drop brackets for the front suspension keeping the IFS (typically found in the 5 & 6" lift kits for s-series trucks)?

Old 07-12-2011, 02:44 PM
BF Veteran

I'm saving up for a 2" body lift.. then MAYBE shackles/torsion bar crank. I really don't have a lot of money coming in, and all of it goes to insurance and gas.

Old 07-12-2011, 10:11 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Just get rid of the boards and it will look higher already.

Old 07-12-2011, 10:28 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

hahahaha hey gary you were bored eh ?

Quick Reply: Bumper concept