General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

BYUING FIRST BLAZER! Need Advice. Is this truck worth is? Custom v8 + mods

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 11:15 AM
W O T is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BYUING FIRST BLAZER! Need Advice. Is this truck worth is? Custom v8 + mods

Im basically looking to get another car. Right now Im ***** deep into turbo Hondas but I want something different for the winter and this summer. Im not into flash, glamour or air bags. Pretty much just going fast for cheap and this blazer might be a tad bit more comforatable in the winter than a lowered honda :P

Heres the pic

And the details given:
custom truck pro built v8,auto 4spd suspension drop custom interior, headliner,leather seats sunroof.new brakes+rubber. never winter driven very nice 2wd truck

How much would you pay?

I emailed for more pics and info, but Im curious how much work actually went into this truck, like is that v8 stock? Rear ends have to be swapped. If something breaks, will I be able to source parts easily? Im new to V8's and RWD and auto trannies. But Im more than willing to learn and Im sure my dad will be pleased to hear if I bought this

More info and advise you guys can give me the better.

Thanks

Old 08-30-2007, 11:49 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: BYUING FIRST BLAZER! Need Advice. Is this truck worth is? Custom v8 + mods

*Moved to General Chat*

Please do not double post and we could do without the lewd comments.

On the truck, no, that isn't the original engine. That is an aftermarket sunroof as well.

How much are they asking?

Old 08-30-2007, 11:51 AM
Default RE: BYUING FIRST BLAZER! Need Advice. Is this truck worth is? Custom v8 + mods

There asking $4500 CDN, but I dont think id pay that much, its been up at that price for aquite a while now

Lewd comment? Dont get it.

Old 08-30-2007, 11:55 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

We try to maintain a family friendly forum here.

Old 08-30-2007, 12:09 PM
Mr Blazer LT is an unknown quantity at this point

Why would you want to drive that in the winter?

Old 08-30-2007, 12:12 PM

Becuase its a step up from my current vehicles which are about 2" off the ground. And it would be fun with RWD and some good winter tires. Im not worried about winter driving, cause Id most likely turn it into a summer vehicle for pleasure. But Im curious to know like I asked, what the pros and cons are of this truck, and the value of it. Ive never owned a SUV before, so I dont know what to look for nor what to ask about. Especially one that has been modified in this way

*Combining Consecutive Posts*

hey the motor is a 305HO with 275hp motor has headers edelbrock intake fresh
built carb when i did the motor. motor has a mild cam. better than stock but
not performance. i wanted a reliable motor. it only has 6500km on it so far
the tranny i did up at the same time as the motor. its a 700r4 with
2800stall converter stage 2 shift kit and 24disk clutch package. which is a
corvette spec 700r4 trans. the trans has 6500km on it as well the body has
135000 on it. right around there. when i first put a v8 in the truck. speedo
was always tipped and the odometer always rolled. it rolled over 5 times
hahaha now its stuck at like 880000 but everyone knows its got only around
130 on it. its never seen winter.its got shaved door handles with magnetic
poppers and the truck has a little bit of surface rust in some spots but it
is an 86 and its a dam clean truck and it goes like stink. it only weighs
3140lbs

*Combining Consecutive Posts*

Being as its only a 305, turboing this truck with a small turbo @ 6-8psi is definetely in there cards if I can get the truck for cheap enough. Im curious if the transmission, if the form that he says it is in, can handle that much more power. As well as possibly the rear end or gears or whatever else might need to be beefed up for that type of upgrade.

Thanks guys

*EDIT by swartlkk* - Combining consecutive posts - Please use the EDIT feature to add additional information to your post if another member has yet to reply. Consecutive posting is prohibitted by the rules of the forum. Please PM me if you have any questions, comments, or concerns. Thanks!

Old 08-31-2007, 01:01 AM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

Sounds decent to me. If you want to turbo it, just do it till ya break something. =)

Old 08-31-2007, 01:10 AM

Well how fast is 300ish hp in a blazer? mid 14's? I know Id evntually turbo it. The whole purpose to me buying another car was to get a nice comfy daily driver, now look what Im considerring though!

Is the car worth 4k?

I also didnt even notice the shaved door handles

Old 08-31-2007, 01:21 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

I'd say it's worth $4k for a performance toy. It's not gonna be any good in the snow though, not if it's like my buddies '86

[IMG]local://upfiles/2910/DB3CAC1A10D7472EBB037EA46069307A.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2910/77F72183631B45E7B95BCBAA7A137209.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2910/ADDBA90703DF4CDB9CB049F9BF80B0E8.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-31-2007, 01:24 AM

What kind of motor does your friends have? Why is it no good in the snow? Like not driveable?

Can you tell me anything about the drivetrain he advertised to me, and if it may take the abuse of another 100-200whp? Daily....

I always thought 305 was a very small motor. Is that 5.0L?

Quick Reply: BYUING FIRST BLAZER! Need Advice. Is this truck worth is? Custom v8 + mods