General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Camber Adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2022, 03:28 PM
Beginning Member
MichaelS is on a distinguished road
Default Camber Adjustment

Hi,
Spotted some wear on the outside of the passenger side front tire. Drives straight, so I wanted to adjust the camber until I can get it to a competent shop, the one here in town sucks. Lots of confusing info on the internet and none match my setup. (See pics). 2000 S10 Blazer 4WD. Looks like cam bolts on front and back of top arm.

Old 05-15-2022, 09:09 PM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

Those are the bolts... easy enough to do, but are you sure it's not ball joints or tie rods? These aren't usually out of alignment unless you really bump into something lol...

Old 05-15-2022, 11:16 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by DonL
Those are the bolts... easy enough to do, but are you sure it's not ball joints or tie rods? These aren't usually out of alignment unless you really bump into something lol...
Had the ball joint replace a couple years ago so I am pretty sure it's not that. Do I adjust both upper bolts equally?

Old 05-16-2022, 11:22 AM
BF Veteran

I've just used the good old eagle eye measurements... adjust, tep to the front and see how it sits, return for adjustments if needed lol...

Depending on the brand and how much you off road, I'd still check them... ive had them go in as little as under 6 months...

Old 05-16-2022, 11:41 AM
Beginning Member

I've just used the good old eagle eye measurements... adjust, tep to the front and see how it sits, return for adjustments if needed lol...

Depending on the brand and how much you off road, I'd still check them... ive had them go in as little as under 6 months...
So both bolts would be adjusted, front and back? Clockwise? (Toward frame on front, away on rear?)

Old 05-16-2022, 01:15 PM
BF Veteran

Can't remember exactly... depends if you want toe in or toe out... it works with the bolt side... you'll want to relieve stress from the shock before doing it. If not, once you losses the nut, it has the possibility of moving all the way in, and you'll have a harder time to adjust it outwards...

I'm no "mechanic", just saying what worked for me lol...

Old 05-16-2022, 01:25 PM
Beginning Member

Can't remember exactly... depends if you want toe in or toe out... it works with the bolt side... you'll want to relieve stress from the shock before doing it. If not, once you losses the nut, it has the possibility of moving all the way in, and you'll have a harder time to adjust it outwards...

I'm no "mechanic", just saying what worked for me lol...
Guess I'll have to baby it and see which way it goes. Several of the vids talked about if the tabs were inward it would adjust inward, which is what I would need. I imagine I'd have to do both bolts as to not screw up the toe. Fun...

Old 05-16-2022, 01:53 PM
BF Veteran

Oh I know... its a "blast" lol... I was surprised that after I did my lift(had to remove the control arms and install aftermarket ones), I had 1 side that was damn near good lol... so it's doable...

Old 05-16-2022, 08:13 PM
BF Veteran
Tom A will become famous soon enough

Moving the bolts different amounts (front and rear) is how you change caster.

Old 05-17-2022, 12:36 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

Both cams adjust camber AND caster at the same time.
The forward cam will increase or decrease camber and caster.
The rear cam will increase one and decrease the other.
Easy way to remember is:
Front cam does the same to camber and caster, (adds or subtracts both).
Rear cam does opposites, (for example: adds camber & subtracts caster).
If you need to adjust camber only, both cams will need to be adjusted
in equal amounts, in opposite directions.
Keep in mind that ANY adjustment to chassis ride height, camber or caster, WILL affect toe.

Quick Reply: Camber Adjustment