General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Camping in Uwharrie this weekend/week

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 08:41 PM
sam.myers1985 is on a distinguished road
Default Camping in Uwharrie this weekend/week

So I took a week off for vacation this weekend and next week, so I figured I would take a nice long camping trip by myself for a week. I'm up in Uwharrie National forest, btw, this place is just amazing. If you live in NC and are close, it's a place you need to go to.

Anyway, there are a crap load of OHV trails here. Most of them are for the hardcore rock crawlers and off roaders, but of course there are some easy to Moderate ones. Well I bought my trail passes for the next 4 days, only $5 per day. Got all 4 plastered on my rear window ready to do.

I've got my buddies recovery kit and Hi-Lift, so I'm ready. Last weekend I made it thru the easiest one with no problem (with 5 people in my truck) so I can't wait to see what I can get myself into tomorrow and the next week

I'll be posting pics up whenever I get a chance of what it's like out here, but I just wanted to let everyone know. Need some company while i'm out here lol

Old 06-18-2011, 12:10 AM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Cool .

Originally Posted by sam.myers1985
So I took a week off for vacation this weekend and next week, so I figured I would take a nice long camping trip by myself for a week. I'm up in Uwharrie National forest, btw, this place is just amazing. If you live in NC and are close, it's a place you need to go to.

Anyway, there are a crap load of OHV trails here. Most of them are for the hardcore rock crawlers and off roaders, but of course there are some easy to Moderate ones. Well I bought my trail passes for the next 4 days, only $5 per day. Got all 4 plastered on my rear window ready to do.

I've got my buddies recovery kit and Hi-Lift, so I'm ready. Last weekend I made it thru the easiest one with no problem (with 5 people in my truck) so I can't wait to see what I can get myself into tomorrow and the next week

I'll be posting pics up whenever I get a chance of what it's like out here, but I just wanted to let everyone know. Need some company while i'm out here lol
I was looking at checking out Uwharrie. It is about an hour and a half from me so not too bad. I was wondering about the trails since I've never been up there before. I wanted a trail that was fairly easy to go on because the blaze is my daily and I can't afford for anything to happen lol. I was actually looking at going in September sometime when it isn't so hot. Definitely put up some pics. Sounds awesome!

Old 06-18-2011, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by tibby
I was looking at checking out Uwharrie. It is about an hour and a half from me so not too bad. I was wondering about the trails since I've never been up there before. I wanted a trail that was fairly easy to go on because the blaze is my daily and I can't afford for anything to happen lol. I was actually looking at going in September sometime when it isn't so hot. Definitely put up some pics. Sounds awesome!
Mine is the daily driver as well, so I've got to take it pretty easy. But the easy trails you can do with no problem, the only problem I had last time Is I got High centered once over one of the straight up and down humps they have. I was
able to get off though. Sure do wish our frames didn't hang so low!

There is an extremely nice ZR2 up here at the camp ground, I'm gonna go try to talk to him later on.

But I'm up and about, about to drink my coffee, so pics will be coming as soon as I can

Old 06-18-2011, 11:12 AM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by sam.myers1985
Mine is the daily driver as well, so I've got to take it pretty easy. But the easy trails you can do with no problem, the only problem I had last time Is I got High centered once over one of the straight up and down humps they have. I was
able to get off though. Sure do wish our frames didn't hang so low!

There is an extremely nice ZR2 up here at the camp ground, I'm gonna go try to talk to him later on.

But I'm up and about, about to drink my coffee, so pics will be coming as soon as I can
Awesome man lol. Try to get a pic of the ZR2 if you can.

Old 06-18-2011, 01:58 PM

Well, so much for wheeling it up this weekend..First trail out, my front left wheal bearing sounded like it was going to explode, so I turned around because it gets pretty brutal. Then on the way back to the camp site, my Passenger rear tire blows!! What the Duece is going on?

I think my truck is mad at me or something, not sure what I did to it to **** him off this much. Just thank god I had my Hi-Lift with me. here is a pic of how she sits, all sad.

I just have to move the spare up to the front and put the front on the rear, and I think i'll go back out. I'm heading into town to pick up my Wheal Bearing later on, so I'll get that replaced real quick while i'm there, hopefully.

She's so sad!!!