General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

A Canadian built Blazer?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 08:15 PM
TomSawyer is on a distinguished road
Default A Canadian built Blazer?

My Blazer has a LOT of metric sized bolts and nuts. A long time ago a buddy told me that some Chevy Blazers were built in Canada. Where can you find out where your Blazer was built? I'm sure it's in the VIN # but how do go about using that number get the manufacturing location. Just wondering?

Old 02-24-2010, 08:19 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

The bolt sizes wouldn't change just because it was built in Canada (if they were...I'm not sure). They would have to built it the same size as all North American Blazers. We don't ONLY use metric up here you know lol.

Anyway, I can look up your VIN in GMVIS if you want to PM it to me. I'll let you know where it was built.

Old 02-24-2010, 08:28 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Metric is more universally used than standard. So it only makes sense. I mean, my truck was built in Jersey, but it's all metric.

Old 02-24-2010, 08:40 PM
Blazers.B.Kewl is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine's mostly metric and built in Moraine, Ohio. That's from 92! just because there's metric on it doesn't mean it was built anywhere special.

Old 02-24-2010, 08:43 PM
Starting Member
bigjon1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Mines mostly metric also and it was made in Canada

Old 02-24-2010, 08:44 PM
TomSawyer is on a distinguished road

Thanks Sisk! What exactly is GMVIS? Thanks for the offer but I'd like to learn how to look it up my self if possible. I'll can PM you otherwise. Good point on the bolt sizes. We build Toyota's in the US but still use metric on them. BTW one of my favorite Rock Bands is from Canada, you know who I'm talkin about! Good point also cbr995, it's true. BigJon, how do you know it was built in Canada?

Old 02-24-2010, 08:49 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

I find no references to S10 Blazers being built in Canada. The plants I find were Linden, New Jersey; Shreveport, Louisiana; Pontiac, Michigan; Moraine, Ohio; and Sao Paulo, Brazil.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:14 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Tom...GMVIS is only available to GM employees or mechanics. It's what they use to look up your vehicle in the system. It has everything about your vehicle in it, from your RPO codes to any work done at the dealership to where it was bought and any recalls that are done/outstanding.. You won't be able to find it or log on unless you know someone who works for GM lol. Send me your VIN and ill look it up
All of the VINs I've looked up so far have been built in Moraine (which is now closed). I didn't think Blazers were built in Canada either. We built mostly cars back then I thought.

Old 02-24-2010, 10:02 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Hmmm... Maybe I should give you my VIN, too.
Wait, how do you have access to that?

Old 02-24-2010, 10:11 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Haha I will have to give you mine too lol. Can you find out how many of your vehicle type were made too? Cuz I know that there were only a "few" made of mine. I contacted GM personally and they wanted some sort of classic and historical vehicle history fee. No Thanks!

Oh and my door says mine was built in Jersey!

Quick Reply: A Canadian built Blazer?