General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

CFM Technology

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 08:15 AM
IrvJr is on a distinguished road
Default CFM Technology

So i bought some stuff from them for my K5. Ported throttle body, their patented tb spacer, an injector spacer and a Hypertech power charger. All nice looking pieces. So i get all this stuff installed and the throttle sticks, and it wont return to idle. The notes say that the throttle/tv cable bracket may need the supplied spacers to raise it up. So i used them and nothing helps. That is not so much the problem, when you replace alot of things at once sometimes it has some issues. But i call, and call and leave messages and not once did they ever call back. It took a half dozen calls when this first happened to get a live person to just answer the phone.
I replaced the throttle cable and have removed one item at a time to see what is holding it back. But if you take off just one cable it will snap back like it could take a finger off in the butterflies, but add both and it sticks. You cant start out from idle without it sticking, but if you stab the pedal and release it will go back and driving like that sucks. I have adjusted the bracket for some adjustabilty, mostly to move forward, that didnt help. Although i was convinced in my mind it would take pressure off.

Any ideas? Help?

Old 05-01-2012, 02:36 PM
Starting Member
CenTexBiker is on a distinguished road

you have to bend the bracket back a little to get a better angle for the cables

Old 05-01-2012, 03:10 PM

Done it.

Old 05-01-2012, 03:24 PM
Starting Member
CenTexBiker is on a distinguished road

done it? do you mean just did or done before?

Old 05-07-2012, 07:48 AM

I had done it before, but i realized that i made sure it had a good angle aimed up to it but it wasnt in line with the bracket front to back. It helped a little. Seems like its the pedal. Something must've happen to it unrelated to the install. If i remove the throttle cable from the pedal it works fine and doesnt stick.