General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Cheap gas

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 12:54 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cheap gas

Dont know about your city, but theres a few stations around me thats always 1-3 cents per LITER cheaper than the rest of the big name stations.

I know its not much, but do you think there is there really a big difference between qualities? like maybe they add water....or who knows what to dilute it?

also can it be dirtier? and clog up your fuel filter faster? or are there strict laws saying what they can and cant do?

or is gas like sandwhich meat? all the same stuff with different packaging?

i use 87 octane btw

curious to what you all think.

Old 01-17-2011, 01:00 PM
stevo is an unknown quantity at this point

yes there is a difference
speedway gas is the cheapest in our area
and i had to change my fuel filter about a couple months after i started using it
i cracked it open and it was really dirty
not to mention when i was using speedway, my truck seemed sluggish
and smelt really bad of gasoline

Old 01-17-2011, 01:13 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

No matter what the filling station name is, the gas comes through the same transmission pipelines. The main differences are the amount and type of additives that each brand adds at the supply depot (where the tanker fills up), the condition of the station's storage tank (rusty, dirty, etc.), and the filtration between the storage tank and the pump nozzle you use.
So, yes, there can be a difference. I only use gasoline that is certified 'Top Tier'.

Old 01-17-2011, 01:19 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

1-3 cents per liter add up more quickly, but if you think of a full fill up on a 20 gallon tank at 4 less cents per gallon, you are saving 80 cents and thats before putting in your own injector cleaner since you opted out at the pump...

i know every little bit helps but still

Old 01-17-2011, 01:21 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

interesting, thanks for the comments. I should probably stop using it

after all the gas station is called "poor boys" not really a good start for them lol

Old 01-17-2011, 02:44 PM
stevo is an unknown quantity at this point

also my gas mileage reduced by about 2 mpg
so the money you save per gallon is cancelled out by the gas mileage you lose
thorntons is the best gas station in my area

Old 01-17-2011, 03:47 PM
Starting Member
BresBlazy will become famous soon enough

I have tried them all, I notice my truck runs best on 76 or chevron...I dont really care about price, I use what lasts the longest and I DO notice a differance when driving if I use like arco or some crap...I never use the low or middle grade either.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:39 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

At $2.00 a litre - who cares! Sorry not quite $2 price is $1.999 Gotta get an LPG conversion!

Old 01-18-2011, 12:51 AM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

i have only used Fred Meyer gas and my truck seems to run fine on it and i just put in 87 octane. and its about 3$ a gal. right now :/ but the other crap gas stations are about 10c cheaper. i also heard Costco gas is horrible

Old 01-18-2011, 01:42 AM
UberFail is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by kiwiblazer
At $2.00 a litre - who cares! Sorry not quite $2 price is $1.999 Gotta get an LPG conversion!

Shat! at that kind of pricing i think i'd just start riding a bicycle instead of driving... don't blame you one bit for the LPG conversion, the places here that sell LPG are about half price compared to regular petrol.

Quick Reply: Cheap gas