General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Chevrolet confirms new Colorado-based TrailBlazer

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 09:35 AM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road
Default Chevrolet confirms new Colorado-based TrailBlazer

Straight from Autoblog.com

We're in the heart of General Motors' downtown Detroit headquarters for a press conference tied to the 100th anniversary of Chevrolet, and Chris Perry, the brand's Vice President of Global Marketing and Strategy, has just confirmed a new TrailBlazer SUV. To be based on the company's new global mid-size Colorado pickup, the vehicle will be unveiled November 10 at the Dubai Motor Show.

Chevrolet officials have not yet offered word on where this vehicle will be built or in which markets it will be available, but given that the Colorado has recently been confirmed for the U.S., we wouldn't be surprised to see a new TrailBlazer once again plying America's roads.

Earlier this year, we received spy photos and a video of a new mid-size General Motors SUV testing near the automaker's headquarters, meaning development of the Colorado-based TrailBlazer could already be well under way.

More details as they become available.

UPDATE: General Motors has released an official teaser image (above) as well as a press release, available after the jump. The automaker confirms that the 2013 TrailBlazer will first go on sale in Thailand beginning in early 2012.
Show full PR text
Chevrolet Announces All-new Global Midsize SUV

DETROIT – Chevrolet will introduce the all-new, 2013 TrailBlazer midsize SUV in global markets, beginning in Thailand, in early 2012. Built on a new global midsize platform developed by GM do Brasil, the TrailBlazer will combine the hauling and towing capability of an SUV with the ride comfort and efficiency of a crossover. The new TrailBlazer will be unveiled at Dubai International Motor Show, Nov. 10-14.

Founded in Detroit in 1911, Chevrolet celebrates its centennial as a global automotive brand with annual sales of about 4.25 million vehicles in more than 140 countries. Chevrolet provides consumers with fuel-efficient, safe and reliable vehicles that deliver high quality, expressive design, spirited performance and value. The Chevrolet portfolio includes iconic performance cars such as Corvette and Camaro; dependable, long-lasting pickups and SUVs such as Silverado and Suburban; and award-winning passenger cars and crossovers such as Sonic, Cruze, Malibu, Equinox and Traverse. Chevrolet also offers "gas-friendly solutions including Cruze Eco and Volt. Cruze Eco offers 42 mpg highway while Volt offers 35 miles of electric, gasoline-free driving and an additional 344 miles of extended gasoline range, according to EPA estimates. Most new Chevrolet models offer OnStar safety, security and convenience technologies including OnStar Hands-Free Calling, Automatic Crash Response and Stolen Vehicle Slowdown. More information regarding Chevrolet models, fuel solutions, and OnStar availability can be found at 2011 Cars, SUVs, Trucks, Crossovers & Vans | Chevrolet.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:32 AM
Karcinagin is an unknown quantity at this point

better have a v8
but looking good so far

Old 10-12-2011, 11:03 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

I'd love to see one of these with the turbo diesel from Brazil or Europe. Small, efficient and tons of torque.

Old 10-12-2011, 11:41 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

yes i agree i bet there going to be great trucks

also welcome back unlimited
by any chance do you have any more of those blazer forum decals for sale ?

Old 10-12-2011, 09:02 PM
Starting Member
Murphy Mumgart is on a distinguished road

I think this could be cool. From that picture it kind of looks like a Buick Enclave. I would hope they make it a little more rugged than that though.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:14 PM
Starting Member
btmbass is on a distinguished road

I'm glad to see Chevy bringing back a midsized SUV. I'm also hoping they make it more rugged and less of an urban car

Old 10-12-2011, 10:21 PM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

heres a spy vid of it, scroll down on the page to see vid. Video: Is Chevy readying a mid-size SUV on its new Colorado pickup?

Old 10-12-2011, 11:19 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Lets hope they actually do it and its a full function 4 wheel drive preferably on a full frame.

Old 10-13-2011, 01:23 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

I wonder if this will be rolling off the production line in Thailand? Mind you, with the high numbers selling in the US / Canada they'll probably need a half dozen factories Stateside!

I hope so, cause that means - like the Colorado ute, we'll get them here as Holden. Not that I'd be able to afford one anyway but . . .

I expect then that BlazerForum will again be abuzz with activity.

Old 10-13-2011, 09:10 AM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

from the looks of it in the video, it looks like its on a full frame and higher off the ground than a road going cross over. and like they said in the video it has a solid rear axle.

Quick Reply: Chevrolet confirms new Colorado-based TrailBlazer