General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Chrome or no Chrome?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 09:58 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

No chrome.

You and I seem to have identical twin Blazers. Mine looked exactly like yours, 98 4dr, 4x4 LT, red ext/black int, same wheels/trim/badges. I removed it all and it looks much better IMO.

Old 01-15-2011, 10:17 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

I know you've made your decision... but I gotta put my 2 cents in... Take 'em off like me!!!

Old 01-15-2011, 10:59 PM
Starting Member
BresBlazy will become famous soon enough

hahahahaha....can i take it off the sides too? and theres alot in the front! william, when i text you you said it looked bad, i had taken it off on perpose to see, i then put it back on bacause of what you said LOL oh brother! then you ditched and i didnt hear from you...POO! ok well if ima do this i want all the chrome off.....what to do what to do!

Old 01-15-2011, 11:02 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

I know I could take off all my chrome striping... so I did! I'm actually kinda diggin the debadged look...

Old 01-15-2011, 11:11 PM
Starting Member

yeah i love your truck kayla! i just dont know if mine would look right or not, it needs a paint job, if i could afford that right now i would totallt take it all off, do the side ones pop off or what? seems alot of people have the red 98 lol not too many with the LT.....i have that funky pin strip on the sides LOL i want that off......also my emblems on the back are all faded

Old 01-15-2011, 11:14 PM
Starting Member
1baddblazer is on a distinguished road

no chrome looks a lot better

Old 01-15-2011, 11:24 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Yeah the side trim is just stuck on with some real strong double-sided foam tape. The pinstripe, LT badges and emblems on the back tailgate are all just stuck on. The only problem is the trim on the rear bumper corners behind the back tires. It's held on by some little clips so it will leave three small holes if you remove those. I just left the trim on the endcaps for a while before putting some naked ones on that look better.

Old 01-15-2011, 11:28 PM
Starting Member

cool! that helps! thank you! ima go at this tomorrow!

Old 01-15-2011, 11:37 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Chrome can look good, depending what it's against. A little chrome against a darker color is good IMO.
Chrome as a fender flare has GOT TO GO, seriously that does look cheap (the cheap chrome, maybe cheesy too) & is not functional. Rocker panel guard or bed liner is awsome in that respect!

BTW how'd you find me on FB? lol

Old 01-15-2011, 11:48 PM
Starting Member

LOL I snatched your email off your profile on here and looked you up

and Yeah, Im gonna take the Chrome off

Quick Reply: Chrome or no Chrome?