General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Chrome Strip Removal

Old 04-29-2013, 06:38 PM
Beginning Member
Keenan Kaufman is on a distinguished road
Default Chrome Strip Removal

Hey guys, I've got a 97 4-door black blazer. And its got the chrome strip on the sides, but the plastic chrome part came off and now it just looks like a crappy silver strip. Anyway I can get new chrome for it or just take it off? Thanks!

Old 04-29-2013, 06:39 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Should have posted this in the paint/body section, but check LMC truck.

Old 04-29-2013, 06:47 PM
Beginning Member

Woops. Kind of new to this, still trying to find my way around haha.

Old 04-29-2013, 06:50 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Its all good, check LMC truck. I am going to google the truck so I know what chrome strip you are talking about.

Old 04-29-2013, 07:14 PM
BF Veteran

Lost connection for some reason while searching, so I stopped searching, do you have a photo of which trim you are talking about?

Old 04-29-2013, 07:18 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by richphotos
Lost connection for some reason while searching, so I stopped searching, do you have a photo of which trim you are talking about?
Not the best picture but its all I got right now. Its the chrome on the doors and above the wheels that I would like to get rid of or replace.

Attached Thumbnails Chrome Strip Removal-mycar.jpg  
Old 04-29-2013, 07:25 PM
BF Veteran

In that case, your best bet I think would be a u-pull yard. I am not sure if they sell that on LMC truck, It would not hurt to check, but pretty sure that would be something that would need to be gotten at a yard.

Old 04-30-2013, 03:20 AM
247monster will become famous soon enough

they are on lmc (just so happened to have my lmc book near by) but they will be cheaper at a junk yard im sure like richphoto said.

mine did the same thing and the plastic that was left was yellowing so i took it all off but if you do decide to take that molding off beware, that the lower rear quarter (the plastic part at the rear corner of your blazer) the molding it held on with clips (not tape like the rest) and so the are 3 or 4 holes where the clips go. i didnt mind it but i know alot of people that dont like that.