General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Code Cleared Starting problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 09:03 PM
Beginning Member
spiderx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Code Cleared Starting problems

Ok so I took the advice someone passed along here and I got the code cleared from my pcm ecm ??? on the truck. I went to auto zone and they did it for free just as they said.

The service engine soon light did go out after 20 miles of running the vehicle. But I know it was still logged in there.
My vehicle started up first shot everytime.
Now after the code was cleared it takes 3 cranks to turn it over.
It doesnt make sense at all to me. I noticed this right after the code reader was disconnected from the truck. The guy tried starting my vehicle & it took 3 tries to crank it over.
Before I left the house it only took 1 to start.
Anyone have any similar problems like this?
Do I need to pull the battery cables to reset the computer or pull a certain fuse now that the code was cleared?
I thought maybe after the ride home (20 miles) it would clear up but every time I turn off and on it takes 3 tires to crank it over anymore.

Old 07-08-2008, 09:08 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Code Cleared Starting problems

What if you just turn the key to the on position (like you were going to crank it, but you didnt push it all the way up), and let it sit for a few seconds. Then try cranking it. The only reason it would need 3 tries is if you have low fuel pressure from the pump, and it just happens to take 3 tries to build up pressure.

Old 07-10-2008, 11:50 AM
Beginning Member
spiderx is an unknown quantity at this point

What if you just turn the key to the on position (like you were going to crank it, but you didnt push it all the way up), and let it sit for a few seconds.
Ill re-try this today. But from memory on my last try just turning the key over you can hear the fuel pump running(that noise you hear from every blazer before you crank it up).
Then it goes silent and you hear the key bell ringing if you have your door open. Haha!
Right before I left the house that day to go get the code removed. I didnt have the 3 time try. It cranked over first shot. The light remained on but it went out during the 20 mile trip to auto zone.
It was then right after they cleared the code in the parking lot, I noticed it took 3 tries to start. I drove to wal mart, shut it down, shopped and came out and 3x's again. Since then thats all its been doing. Doesnt make any sense to me. It never did this before the code or while the code was in effect. Only until it was cleared.

Old 07-11-2008, 12:52 PM
kbreck is an unknown quantity at this point

Get Fuel Pressure from pump checked,I had same type problem