General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Crawling around under my truck

Old 11-13-2007, 06:54 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough
Default Crawling around under my truck

I was gonna change my fuel filter, but turns out I'll have to buy the right sized wrench...

And found these!

Old 11-13-2007, 08:32 PM
WhiteTie BlackJacket is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Crawling around under my truck

Uh-oh! Do you have those sized wrenches??

Old 11-13-2007, 09:15 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

I think Perry means leaks. AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Old 11-14-2007, 03:40 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Well, I know I've got the oil pan wrench, lol.

Gonna have to do some digging to make sure I've got all the tools for the pinion seal...

But still have to go buy the filter wrench, lol.

Old 11-14-2007, 07:44 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If you do not see active drips, I wouldn't worry about either of them. A small amount of leakage is permissible, so long as you aren't seeing spots on the driveway.

On the oil pan wetness, this could be caused by a loose pan. Atleast it was on my old Bravada. Tightened it all down and it cured the leak. But mine was leaving oil in my driveway!...

Old 11-14-2007, 01:48 PM
WhiteTie BlackJacket is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, I was asking if he had the wrenches to tighten the bolts where the leaks were.

Old 11-14-2007, 02:55 PM
Starting Member
BlackBlaze is an unknown quantity at this point

the same thing happened to me a month ago, it cost me $230 to get a new pinon seal and they also noticed another leak on the transfer case and fixed that

Old 11-15-2007, 02:05 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

That looks minor. Just get some brake parts cleaner, spray it off to get it clean and keep an eye on it. A little seepage is not a problem.

Old 11-15-2007, 02:54 AM
BF Veteran

I take it I've gotta drop the front diff to change the pinion seal, right?

If that's the case... Imma start shopping for a locker, lol, I'll double check the fluids and such when I get my truck off the blocks...

Old 11-15-2007, 03:00 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

No, you don't have to drop the diff to change the pinion seal.
Remove the front drive shaft, (mark the nut and the pinion with a centerpunch for location)remove the nut and washer, tap the flange off with a hammer, pop out the old seal. pop in the new seal and reassemble. Then check your diff oil level.
Takes about an hour with air tools.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Crawling around under my truck