General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Daily driver

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 06:24 PM
Beginning Member
Haloblazer is on a distinguished road
Default Daily driver

New to forum and was wondering what everyone thought about fixing their old blazers for long daily commutes to work. I have a 1998 blazer with 165k on her. She needs a little bit of work and I was wondering if it's worth it to dump the money into....she needs fuel lines an oil cooler line, the gas guage fixed, an alignment, the driver door fixed(it sags bad), a rear wiper motor, ac compressor, new console lid, climate control switch fixed( only blows out vents wont switch to defroster), and 4x4 only shifts in when put into 4 low but will stay engaged when switching back to 4 hi....also shifts hard out of 1st gear but was told it has a shift kit but I'm not sure about that........any input will be much appreciated thanks for reading

Old 06-11-2018, 06:47 PM
Beginning Member

Old 06-12-2018, 03:41 AM
GreenBlazer2002 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Haloblazer

The list of faults sounds reasonable for the age and mileage of the truck. If all else is in order then I would surely go ahead and begin making progress on the list. These are very durable vehicles. There's a wide aftermarket available, and parts are readily available from almost anywhere.
Keep us posted!! Nice rig, btw.

Old 06-12-2018, 06:08 AM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

Good advice.
Depending on what you can do yourself putting a list and a budget toghether will help in decision making.

Old 06-12-2018, 08:02 AM
Beginning Member

I figure about $2500 not including the ac which is why I am so hesitant on fixing it

Old 06-12-2018, 08:08 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Are you doing the qork yourself? Either way if that accounts all the work uve said from a shop, that's not TOO bad... but still that' a big bill at once. I would go ahead and do it. Like they say, these trucks are very durable if you give them the chance.

edit:

I ment to ask does the blazer have a body lift?

Old 06-12-2018, 08:13 PM
Beginning Member

That's getting everything done at a shop I think I'm going to do it I loved my old one and these are getting harder to find and this one has everything I wanted for my old one so I'm gonna pull the trigger thanks everyone

Old 06-17-2018, 06:23 PM
Beginning Member

It has a 2 5 inch rough country suspension lift and a 1.5 inch body lift

Old 06-27-2018, 06:44 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

I've always daily drove older trucks. I currently have a 1990 Silverado that I drive to work everyday and pretty much anywhere. anything can break on anything at anytime. I bought a Ford ranger New and the turd broke down on me a year old

Actually I had the alternator go out on the Silverado about a month ago when I left work called the wife to bring me a spare one I had and changed it out in the parking lot. That's the cool thing about older trucks usually very easy to diagnose and fix

Old 06-29-2018, 02:00 PM
Beginning Member
Mspeedfreak03 is on a distinguished road

do what you can yourself and save some change that way, use the forums for infor/questions you might have im sure we can help

Quick Reply: Daily driver