General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Dash Command does Cam Sensor (CMP) Retard (Offset)

Old 06-10-2016, 10:37 AM
LesMyer will become famous soon enough
Default Dash Command does Cam Sensor (CMP) Retard (Offset)

Just found another cheap Android app that does Cam Sensor (CMP) Retard through Bluetooth. $10 + $10 for PID pckage.

Verified that CMP retard PID works on my 2001 Blazer

This one is from Palmer Performance, the people who make the $150 Scan XL Pro Windows software (which I have). It is called Dash Command.

I installed it, paid $10 for the full version and then did the in-app purchase of the $10 2001 GM PID package. I originally thought it was going to be $10 total, but whatever - it's still cheap. Looks like they would like you to buy a PID package for each vehicle in order to read enhanced PIDs, but I don't know this for certain. I can say it seems it will definitely not read enhanced PIDs for both a Ford and a GM car without paying twice for different PID packages. Not sure if my 2001 enhanced package will work on a 97 Blazer, but I suspect that it will.

Notable is that enhanced packages are available for late model GM vehicles. I really have to try my 2006 G6 as I have found no Android app so far that will read enhanced PIDs on it and Car Gauge Pro does not do enhanced GM on CAN protocol. I am thinking that the G6 being on another type of communication protocol will probably cost me another $10 to find out if it works for it or not. I can say that Scan XL Pro (Palmer Performance Windows software) works fine on it.

It is possible that this software will not display PIDs that will not work with your vehicle. That would be very cool. More later.

Last edited by LesMyer; 06-10-2016 at 11:04 AM.
Old 06-10-2016, 12:01 PM
Starting Member
ntjoe is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice find Les! Can't wait to see what you find..

Old 06-13-2016, 07:47 AM

Information withdrawn. Sorry was unable to edit first post to remove that info.

Last edited by LesMyer; 06-14-2016 at 07:31 AM.
Old 06-13-2016, 08:25 PM
TMM217 is on a distinguished road

Im new to this bluetooth adapter stuff but definetly like it. Where are you going with this timing stuff?

Old 06-13-2016, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by TMM217
Im new to this bluetooth adapter stuff but definetly like it. Where are you going with this timing stuff?
I'm really unsure what you are asking. Please be more specific. Thanks.

Old 06-13-2016, 09:13 PM
TMM217 is on a distinguished road

Sorry. Just wanted to know what CMP retard offset does.

Old 06-14-2016, 06:30 AM

This thread was moved to General Chat. If this is just chat, and not useful info then I will stop posting about it.

Last edited by LesMyer; 06-14-2016 at 07:30 AM.
Old 06-14-2016, 04:33 PM
jimspahr@msn.com is on a distinguished road

Les, thanks for your help and research on this technical matter. It is appreciated and helpful. Sorry they moved it.

Old 06-14-2016, 10:31 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Lesmyer
This thread was moved to General Chat. If this is just chat, and not useful info then I will stop posting about it.
Do not take the moving of the thread personally.
I was not the one that moved it but I would have done the same thing.
It was more of a "how to" and helpful type of thing.

I am not sure what sub forum it was posted in initially but if the mods moved it, they moved it because it was in the wrong section.

Removing what you have said and saying that it was not useful info simply because it got moved to general chat is not necessary.
It is still useful information,

Old 06-15-2016, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by richphotos
Do not take the moving of the thread personally.
I was not the one that moved it but I would have done the same thing.
It was more of a "how to" and helpful type of thing.

I am not sure what sub forum it was posted in initially but if the mods moved it, they moved it because it was in the wrong section.

Removing what you have said and saying that it was not useful info simply because it got moved to general chat is not necessary.
It is still useful information,
Thanks Richphotos for your response. Still my opinion is that General Chat is one of the places where threads go to die. I would never read General Chat for any howto or technical information, and in fact I never remember EVER going there before. I pretty much stay in the Second Gen and Engine/Trans Forums because that is where my interests lie - there are simply too many forums to monitor them all for interesting posts.

Having my posts moved from the Second Gen forum and dumped in General Chat completely deep-sixes them in my opinion, even if that was not the intent - and that is the reason I feel the way that I do. Since mods obviously think the proper place for my posts is General Chat and I do not - then the only thing I can do in protest is to pull the info.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dash Command does Cam Sensor (CMP) Retard (Offset)