General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Dealerships R no good.

Old 09-12-2010, 07:02 AM
Banned
kickme005 is on a distinguished road
Default Dealerships R no good.

95 Blazer 4wd 4door. story short dealerships are no good. story shore went to change brake pad. i didnt know size of hex. 10mm and 8mm didnt work and noticed no 9mm. called chevy. they didnt know. not even 30 seconds after i told them what i was doing. theres a hex just for that. it even says for most gms.

Old 09-12-2010, 09:39 AM
CNYCountryKidd is on a distinguished road

3/8 hex key if you haven't gotten it already

Old 09-12-2010, 11:21 AM
packofqtips is an unknown quantity at this point

yup its a 3/8

Old 09-12-2010, 12:05 PM
Beginning Member
nemesis is on a distinguished road

you were probably talkin to a service advisor, doesn't mean dealerships are no good. They dont get paid to answer stupid questions. Sorry just my 2 cents.

Old 09-12-2010, 02:01 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I hate to say it but I agree with nemesis they aren't getting paid to tell you what size of a socket you need to do something.

Old 09-12-2010, 03:40 PM
croozer is on a distinguished road

The person kickme005 talked to was just lazy and not motivated enough to ask someone else or to find the correct size with the data base they have at their fingertips. It is just bad customer/public service and it is sad to say that this happens in a lot of businesses.

Old 09-12-2010, 04:19 PM
Beginning Member
nemesis is on a distinguished road

If dealerships told all their customers how to fix their vehicles then why would anyone go there. A good advisor would have loured him in to the service dept. Another reason why they are lazy.

Old 09-12-2010, 04:21 PM
CNYCountryKidd is on a distinguished road

An honest one would have told him what size it was or would have asked.

Old 09-12-2010, 04:25 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I hardly see any fault with the dealership here. Given the authors posts here, the question was probably anything but clear.

Also, they likely do not have a database of all fastener specs on hand. The fact is that it is a general tool, not something special.

Old 09-12-2010, 04:28 PM
beyondbasic is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 84BlazerS10
Yeah, I hate to say it but I agree with nemesis they aren't getting paid to tell you what size of a socket you need to do something.

thissss

im a technician for a gm dealership its honestly annoying how many people call for stupid stuff if you dont know what tools you need, or how its done you shouldnt be doing it..

Originally Posted by swartlkk
I hardly see any fault with the dealership here. Given the authors posts here, the question was probably anything but clear.

Also, they likely do not have a database of all fastener specs on hand. The fact is that it is a general tool, not something special.

we actually do have SI ''Service Information'' and ALLDATA Which gives every tool needed, and how to do EVERYTHING from oil change to complete overhauls, etc. HOWEVER only technicians with logins can access it not service directors or advisors who answer the phone.

Last edited by swartlkk; 09-12-2010 at 04:46 PM. Reason: *Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit feature to add more information to your post. If replying to more than one post, please use the multiquote feature. Thanks!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dealerships R no good.