General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Do i need this?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 03:39 PM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough
Default Do i need this?

I took my grill off to paint my bow tie and to tint my parking lights today and im wondering, do i need this rubber guard looking thing for any reason?

is it protecting something that shouldn't get wet or dirty?

i wont have a bumper for a while and it looks fugly..

if i don't need it for anything important i wanna remove it.

im speaking of the ugly thing in the middle between the hooks

thanks

Old 02-28-2010, 03:41 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

That is an air dam that pushes air up into the radiator as well as keeps it from going under the radiator in conjunction with the front 'skid plate'. If you are not going to keep it, you will need to block off this area to keep air from blowing under the radiator, pressurizing under the hood. If left open, it can reduce the air flow through the radiator leading to an overheat condition in high temps and/or heavy towing.

Old 02-28-2010, 03:44 PM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by swartlkk
That is an air dam that pushes air up into the radiator as well as keeps it from going under the radiator in conjunction with the front 'skid plate'. If you are not going to keep it, you will need to block off this area to keep air from blowing under the radiator, pressurizing under the hood. If left open, it can reduce the air flow through the radiator leading to an overheat condition in high temps and/or heavy towing.

nice man, thanks alot..

i guess il just keep it for now hehe