General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Do I really want a ZR2?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 05:12 PM
Starting Member
RJ2004 is on a distinguished road

Mine has the steering wheel controls too.
I think it's part of the premium sound system option but I'm not positive.

Last edited by RJ2004; 12-03-2013 at 05:14 PM.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:15 PM
Beginning Member
Puttnutt24 is on a distinguished road

Better yet

Old 12-03-2013, 08:06 PM
07nhbpsi is on a distinguished road

Wow, that is a nice looking trk!!!!I hope it's as nice in person as the picture....nice find!! Alittle pricey but hey as long as u are happy with it

Old 12-03-2013, 10:27 PM
Beginning Member

I'm traveling two state's to pick it up, it better look as it does in the pictures. The dealership assures me it is and they haven't given me a reason not to trust them. Worst case, I jump back on the plane, it wouldn't be the first time.....

Old 12-03-2013, 11:30 PM
Diaita will become famous soon enough

I had a brand new ZR2 years ago, I traded it in on a 4 door less than 6 months later. Couldn't see squat behind you, and it rode rough. Mind you kids were in the near future too.

Old 12-04-2013, 05:25 AM
specialty8 is on a distinguished road

There is a rear vision problem through the rear view but the spare can be lowered to fix that. I think you can get some aftermarket help on that or just draw up a lowering plate yourself take to a machine shop or if you have the tools do it yourself. I love my Z.

Old 12-04-2013, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by Puttnutt24
I'm paying just shy of eight grand, a little high but the truck is in excellent condition and very well taken care of. I'll pay a premium for that any day.......
I have a 99 and I bought my son a 03 with only 93k on it for $2,700. However it did need some cosmetic work done to it which we have completed. Still need a left front flare and the rear rubber bumper extension and it will be pretty good shape.
How many miles on the one your getting? Be sure to have them put it on a lift and check the front end out well, upper and lower ball joints, pitman arm, idler arm, tie rod ends,etc. Also check the wheel hub assemblies for wear. Those things are not cheap, especially if you can't put them in yourself. Make sure the front end is good especially if you have far to drive it home. Make them fix it before you leave anyway possible. Reason I say this is I bought my son's off an individual, no way to really check, in a crowded school district and could not go to fast when I test drove it. I suspected something was not just right but once we got to the interstate and up to 70 the truck was just downright dangerous to drive because when I got home and inspected the pitman arm was shot. Easy fix but a slow miserable drive home. It had a new inspection sticker on it but he must have bought it from someone because noway would that have passed. Good luck with yours, it's a beauty in the pics. Let us know how it turns out.

Old 12-04-2013, 08:08 AM
Jamaroon has a spectacular aura aboutJamaroon has a spectacular aura about

Mine has steering controls as well, but not the premium sounds system so I think it was just an option.

Old 12-04-2013, 12:12 PM
Beginning Member

The truck has 113K miles. The dealer provided me with the recon order for the work that was performed on the truck to bring it their used car standards. New upper and lower ball joints, tie rods, pitman and idler arms, sway bar bushings, a power steering hose, brakes front and rear and a new set of tires. Another reason i was unable to negotiate the price as much as I would have liked. But, it sounds like the truck is ready to go....

Old 12-05-2013, 04:03 AM

Good deal, that will save you a lot of work and money if he used name brand parts like Moog. I have heard the cheap China parts like the front hub assemblies don't hold up to well especially if used as a daily driver, about a year but better than loose and wore ones.. I assume he had the front aligned. Sounds and looks like a real nice and well taken care of Z.They do have some rattles mainly those big rear plastic interior panels. I am going to remove mine and try to put some thin rubber pliable tubing pieces around the mounting pins to stop the squeaks and places where the two pieces rub on each other. Also rattles in the doors which I fixed by drilling out the window regulator rivets with a quarter inch drill bit or grind the heads off and putting in 1/4 bolts and lock nuts. The Drivers door I thought the motor was bad but the motor rivets were loose and the gear did not engage all the time so I did the same with those and now the rattles are gone and the window works like new. Good winter project. Let us know how it goes when you get back. Good luck and enjoy your trip home!

Last edited by specialty8; 12-05-2013 at 04:08 AM. Reason: speeling

Quick Reply: Do I really want a ZR2?