General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Do your friends complain about the handle on the dash? (2nd gen)

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 10:36 PM
Banned
TFisher is on a distinguished road
Default Do your friends complain about the handle on the dash? (2nd gen)

This is a second gen thing:

On the passenger side, over the airbag, they put this thing that is vaguely reminicent of a handle. I love it because I have something to hang on to when my dad is driving and about to kill us all. But my friends complain about it's every time I drive anyone of them around -- it's presence upsets them to the point where that is the only topic of discussion the whole ride. Consequently, I save gas by not driving. So, I just wanted to ask about on that handle thing. So I guess it's not a bad thing!

Regards,

Thomas

Old 01-25-2010, 01:28 AM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

I've bussed many people around before, and never had anyone even mention it. It's funny that it is such a big deal to your friends. Sounds like a nice walk home would fix em though!

I can't even imagine why it would be a big deal. It doesn't stick out and farther than the rest of the dash. And there is a ton of passenger room in these things.

Old 01-25-2010, 01:40 AM
Starting Member
DaveC is on a distinguished road

my friends give me a hard time for my 96 because the air vent connects to the glove compartment door.

Old 01-25-2010, 04:54 AM
bigkhans is on a distinguished road

My friend give me a hard time in my 89 because the passenger side window doesn't roll down.

Old 01-25-2010, 06:22 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I've never heard of this complaint before. Seems kinda silly if you ask me. I actually find the handly quite useful when you're off roading with passengers. I wonder why they don't like it so much? It's not like its in the way...

Old 01-25-2010, 06:37 AM
Starting Member
taba5 is on a distinguished road

on my 98 theres a handle... it was mentioned briefly when the truck was purchased, but other than that theres nothing to do with it(removing it, etc) so it isnt mentioned no more lol

Old 01-25-2010, 09:47 AM
Banned
TFisher is on a distinguished road

I actually am really happy they put the handle there, but just last week I was driving my friend home from college and the whole time he kept saying "is this some kind of handle? wtf is a handle doin' there?" So I said "You hold on to it as I skid off the road, but let go before the airbag deploys or it will break both your arms" and then we sat in silence for the next 10 miles. It still bugs like 3 of my friends and I've been driving people around for almost 2 years (only counting legally I love growing up around farms!)...

I think it is very, very, very silly to complain about a handle being there, in fact I miss it when I am in other vehicles. But most of my friends are toyota drivers and I have never seen a toyota with one so I guess it's a form of culture shock.

As for the 96 air vent in the glove box, my dad had a 95 like that, I thought it was the neatest thing in the world. Now I miss it, that was such a good truck.

Regards,

Thomas

Old 01-25-2010, 10:36 AM
88s10Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

couple friends mentioned it once, they think it's a good idea.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:05 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

lol...I can't believe they would make such a big deal out of it. No one that has been in my truck has ever really mentioned it. It's no worse then those A pillar handles you see in just about every vehicle now a days.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:14 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Since I did my lift, every passenger that has gotten into my truck uses the handle. So no, I've never had anyone complain about it.

Quick Reply: Do your friends complain about the handle on the dash? (2nd gen)