General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

dont do it :(

Old 10-29-2012, 02:48 AM
Beginning Member
24cito24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default dont do it :(

people listen to me! I am telling you this as a proud jimmy/blazer lover and others will back me up! please dont let problems with your blaz or jimm make you so mad that you have to sell them in the long run they are good truck/cars. if you just give them a little love they will return eventually..i am vary sad to see what i have seen today people selling them just because of little problems come on i have done so much to mine and im not even dont. when i say done a lot i mean fixing his problems and trying to make him stand out at the same time! it is frustrating but dont let that get to you believe in you jimmy / blazer love my 2000 jimmy slt even when i have to buy a new starter as of today

Old 10-29-2012, 04:23 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

VERY TRUE, good things do happen with them. This past week I changed my fuel pump and my truck rewarded me with my speedo and odometer now working. Dont ask me how, /i`m puzzled also, but I`ll take it. Thank you 98 Blazer.

Old 10-29-2012, 05:52 AM
247monster will become famous soon enough

the day i went to buy my bodylift my fuel pump quit halfway there when i stopped to get something to eat lol ive put so much random parts pieces switches and spendy little fuses in my blazer BUT....i love it still im lookin at something newer and everyone asks if im selling my blazer...i cant...lol it would kill me to see it driving around knowing its not mine lol

Old 10-29-2012, 09:31 AM
Bdub is on a distinguished road

the ONLY things I don't like about it that makes me want to get rid of it (Not going to get rid of it) are

1) mpg (could be worse but for a v6 it seems bad vs a fullsize k1500)
2) the fact that I can't get a locker/lsd for the front

I plan to get a lsd for the rear because it will be seeing plenty of mud.. and I can't afford the THOUSANDS of dollars for a SAS (every bit of work would have to be done by an offroad shop since I do all my work (well what I can) out in my dirt driveway with hand tools.

Old 10-29-2012, 10:08 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

What irritates me is people complain about fuel pumps going out,lines and gaskets leaking,transmission failures etc. The majority of these vehicles are 10+ years old with 150k+ miles. Guess what? Stuff breaks. Especially when half of the people dont follow maintenance and think they can drive them forever. If you would keep up with more then just a oil change alot of the problems people have wouldnt happen. I see so much of what im talking about on a daily basis. Especially cheaping out on the lowest quality parts they can buy. Money tight? thats understandable,but just to do it to save money you'll spend on beer later? you are asking for problems later. This isnt directed towards any of you, just posting my opinion.

Old 10-29-2012, 10:36 AM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road
Default Everybodys Jimmy case is different

Take mine for example just read through all my post on the problems I have had with mine.Its still not even done yet..

Old 10-29-2012, 11:24 AM
Bdub is on a distinguished road

yeah just got mine with it's share of issues

blower resister - fixed

door pins/bushings - fixed

hood latch - fixed

4x4 doesn't work cracked actuator replaced but no luck.. returned with the plans for a posilok

coolant is low (scares the hell out of me ... oil is fine and no noticeable smoke so I'm thinking intake gasket? - purchased everything to CLR flush and fill it with plain coolant

frontend loose when turning to the right - plan to get it professionally looked at plan to lift it so depending what is wrong it may wait.

just mainly annoying stuff

Old 10-29-2012, 12:56 PM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road
Default All I keep reading is night mare stories

about all the problems GM has had with these Jimmys.Seems like to me the quality of vehicle manufacturing took a major slide downhill when they produced this vehicle and severeal other models.Man do I miss the oldschool stuff.Everything was easy to get to and fix and best of all no electronic crap or a ton of vacume lines to run the engine.Oh heck how can I forget this the fuel pumps werent inside the gas tank either.The more technology they add the more the problems.

Last edited by 1sttimejimmyowner; 10-29-2012 at 12:58 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:25 PM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

I agree, these things are a lot easier to work on than people think. I think ive seen 4 "im getting rid of this hunk of crap" posts in the last month.

I just helped my neighbor drop the engine back in his 98 jimmy and it took 20 minutes then about another 20 to get the bell housing bolts in but when i helped my friend drop the engine in his 4Runner it took about 2 hours. I WOULD RATHER PUSH MY BLAZER THAN DRIVE SOMETHING ELSE! lol

But.. like i have said, Blazers do have attitudes and some people dont know how to handle it

Old 10-29-2012, 06:41 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Bla Bla Bla whine whine... If you don't like it - move on!
I fix mine a lot & STILL have an irritating issue with the engine that after a lot of work turns out to be now a collapsed lifter. Guess what - I'm keeping it! Mine (unlike others, no offense intended) I have put thousands into, not a couple or few... MANY thousands. Call me stupid I don't care one way or the other. If you think a few "miracle fixes" are going to make it back to factory shape & condition, dream on.
As was stated many of these are approaching & many more are past 10 years old.
You thought your 2 or 4 year old was bad, wait till they hit their teens!

Personally I love working on my truck, getting 'intimate' (don't go there!) with it. I know I can fix a ton of things on the side of the road, at the lake camping or where ever just because of that. I hold that knowledge very close & dear to me because I know that truck that well. All the sounds, creeks, groans, rattles & where they're coming from. Knowledge is a beautiful thing, don't waste the chance to gain some!

You can always trade it in to a dealership & buy a Lubrico Warrenty for a year or so.
Then sleep well not having to do anything (except worry about what they cover) and figure out who to bitch at for a sound you heard that you could have probably fixed yourself. Where's the satisfaction in that?!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: dont do it :(