General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Dont wanna hear the ol man rag me, did I pay too much? LOL

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 05:46 AM
Starting Member
Melrock83 is on a distinguished road
Question Dont wanna hear the ol man rag me, did I pay too much? LOL

I just got myself this Blazer yesterday for $1900. The guy wouldnt come down ne more cause he is still paying off the tires that have less/about 500 miles on them. It has almost 179k miles but been well takin care of. And also they r pretty much all highway miles. There is a lil sound when it idles so I am worried I may have paid too much. Its in great condition for the year just a couple tears in drivers seat that my skull seatcovers will take care of. Every thing works except the compressor for the a/c needs replaced, oh and the radio may be a Pioneer but its OLD LOL so bein a chick did I do alright here? Please help so I wont have to hear the ol man if it not warranted LOL

Old 03-21-2011, 05:53 AM
CNYCountryKidd is on a distinguished road

What year is it? I paid 1800 for mine over a year ago.. best money I ever spent, and mine is rusting to all hell. Sure do love it though :P

Old 03-21-2011, 06:10 AM
Starting Member

Oops guess the year woulda been real helpful huh LMAO its a 1995...and I paid $2000 for the other one thats a 2001 LS RWD 2dr and the hubby ended up with it. So I got about 45k more miles but I got 4x4 so hopin that helps my case here LOL Mine is an LS 2dr as well so its all the same but mine is black his is dark blue...o and mines auto his is manual..im gonna post pic shortly of mine if I can get it to work LOL

Old 03-21-2011, 06:15 AM

Yeah you paid about right for it then. If it runs good and isn't rotting out, doesn't need much work or any at all you paid the right price. What's the sound it makes when it idles?

Old 03-21-2011, 06:27 AM
Starting Member

It sounds like a pecking or clicking or something..it dont sound like a rod or lifter or whatever to me but Im not sure. Its not bad so Im gonna have it checkd hopefully today. If it would be smarter to fix now if it needs it then Im planning on doin it n the next 3-4 weeks. But other than that it is freakin awesum. I cant figure out how to upload my pic of it though

Old 03-21-2011, 06:33 AM

Change the oil, see if that helps it. And take the valve covers off.. see how the rocker arms look and if they're making the ticking. Have the husband do it if you're not sure how (I don't know your mechanical ability)

Old 03-21-2011, 06:56 AM
Starting Member

[MY BLAZER 1995.jpg (file://RICHARDSBABY-PC/Users/Richard's%20Baby/Pictures/MY%20BLAZER%201995.jpg)]

I have NO mechanical ability cause no one would ever let me do more than hold the flashlight LOL now I aint able to even try. How hard would it be to get to the rocker arm? I no the oil was changed about 100 miles ago so that would be a waste of time. And if its the rocker arm how much am I lookn at to fix it?

O....and love the hubby but when it comes to more than a starter or alternator ummmm I dont want him touchin my ride..he can touch his all he wants...I got my mechanic for those type things. My ol man could do it, but he has NO patience so nope..wont let him even start to take ne thing off LOL

Old 03-21-2011, 07:29 AM
98BlazerT4X4 is on a distinguished road

I paid 1900 for mine and its a 98 2 dr 4x4 standard in great condition no rust ran great and lots of rubber, also about 190xxxKm.

Pic of the day i got it

Old 03-21-2011, 09:03 AM
Starting Member
TylerCiervo is on a distinguished road

I must have got extremely lucky with the one I just made a deposit on yesterday. $800 for a 95 4 door 4x4 with 150k miles. All it needs is an egr valve which i can do myself. Everything else is nice and smooth and its in awesome condition too! Only thing I hate about it is the color.. teal with a tan interior.. but i really cant complain for $800. Haha. I gave the guy $50 and i'm picking it up either the end of this week or some time next week.

Old 03-21-2011, 09:24 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

pcv valve clicks a bit when the engine runs, my moms bf was like wtf is that noise?? lol

mines located on the driver side valve cover

Quick Reply: Dont wanna hear the ol man rag me, did I pay too much? LOL