General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Door lock actuator

Old 06-28-2016, 10:10 AM
Bill37 is on a distinguished road
Default Door lock actuator

I have a 1997 Chevy Blazer s-10 LT. I need a driver side door lock actuator. Have looked at many sites and get different recommendations that supposedly will fir my Blazer. One such recommendation is on Amazon and is:

ACDelco 11P4 Professional Driver Side Door Lock Actuator
by ACDelco

Can anyone verify if this actuator will work on my 1997 Blazer LT? Don't want to order part and then have to return it.

I hope I am using this forum correctly... not too IT literal and am a senior, senior citizen .

thanks

Old 06-28-2016, 10:27 AM
Racer_X is on a distinguished road

Does yours have the anti-theft system? Is there a single two pin connector to the actuator? or are there two electrical connectors on the lock assembly.

The 11P4 actuator is for vehicles without the anti-theft system.

If you have the anti-theft system, you need to get the full lock assembly (gm # 15066140 or an aftermarket equivalent like Dorman 931256). I can't remember if the anti-theft system has to be reset/learn the new door lock or not.

UPDATE. If your key is a plain, flat piece of metal, you don't have the anti-theft system. If you have a rubber topped key, you might have the passlock anti-theft system. Look for RPO code AF8 the glove box SPID sticker. AF8 is the RPO for the side door locks with the anti-theft feature. If you have that, you need the full lock assembly. Without AF8, the 11P4 actuator should work.

Last edited by Racer_X; 06-28-2016 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Added RPO info about anti-theft features.
Old 06-30-2016, 08:07 AM
Default door lock actuator

than you for response. I will look into information you have provided. Going out of town for holday week-end , but will check into next week. Thanks again

Old 07-07-2016, 02:10 PM

Racer-X

From your recommendations, I have tried checking to see if I have an anti-theft system. The Blazer has passed several owners before I got it. Was in pretty beat-up shape when I got it, but love the functionality of the vehicle and am slowly trying to bring it up into stable condition.

My checks:

Is there a single two pin connector to the actuator? I don't have the door panel removed. Have a (retired) mechanic who will install actuator for me once I get it.

If your key is a plain, flat piece of metal, you don't have the anti-theft system. If you have a rubber topped key, you might have the passlock anti-theft system.
The key has a rubber top, but there is no chip in it (had it checked at Home Depot).

Look for RPO code AF8 the glove box SPID sticker. AF8 is the RPO for the side door locks with the anti-theft feature. If you have that, you need the full lock assembly. Without AF8, the 11P4 actuator should work.

Checked the RPO code in the glove box and do not see an AF8 code. From this I assume I do not have the anti-theft feature and I could order the 11P4 actuator.

Want to thank you again for your help. Once I get the actuator installed I will report back to the forum.