General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

duel exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 09:38 PM
noom14921992 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default duel exhaust

well i have my blazer and i want to put duel exhaust on it and i wanted to know some stuff. good price, performance enhancements , and if it is better for 4wd

Old 04-05-2008, 10:15 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: duel exhaust

No much room for true duels...It'd be better to split after the cat or after the muffler. If you're going to try the true duels, make sure you use an X pipe so you don't get the battling 3 cylinder engines sound.

Old 04-06-2008, 10:17 AM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

DUEL? gonna fight your blazer? the proper form is DUAL... sorry, english/spelling is a pet peeve of mine..lol Theres not much room for even single inlet dual outlet muffler duals. Seems the spare, reese hitch, and that little black box are in the way..... also there is no good path to cross the rear axle with duals...

Old 04-06-2008, 10:36 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Haha...ya know aaron...the whole time I was typing that I kept stopping and going 'this doesn't look right'. I no kidding did it everytime I typed it.

I blame the long day at work...and lack of food...DUAL. There.

Old 04-06-2008, 12:30 PM
tjwiens91@hotmail.co is an unknown quantity at this point

Duals on v6s just doesnt seem right. I know they are very hard to run over the axel.

Old 04-06-2008, 03:46 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Not that it isn't right, but it really isn't needed. A properly setup single tube exhaust system can work and sound just as good as any dual exhaust setup on a comparable engine (ie. not comparing a v6 to a v8).

Old 04-06-2008, 06:38 PM
Planert_NCI is an unknown quantity at this point

Im guessing you guys are talking about the later blazers, but how hard would it be on my 91 s10? I looked and there seems to be a lot of room to run it under the body and what not. I probly wont do it any time soon cuz the exhaust is pretty new as is, but I probly will next time.

Old 04-06-2008, 06:55 PM
Tippman7641 is an unknown quantity at this point

o and heres what it would have to look like if it was stright, casue the tire and leafs perevnt it from leaving in other places

Old 04-06-2008, 07:13 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

ORIGINAL: Planert_NCI

Im guessing you guys are talking about the later blazers, but how hard would it be on my 91 s10? I looked and there seems to be a lot of room to run it under the body and what not. I probly wont do it any time soon cuz the exhaust is pretty new as is, but I probly will next time.
well if u wanted to u could do dual exit muffler that would be decent. but having the pipes exit out the back is rediculous. i'm tryin to have my single pipe come out the back and its crazy hard tryin to route the pipe around the gas tank past the leaf springs and rear shocks. i'm tryin to still figure out the tail pipe on my 94.

Old 04-06-2008, 07:17 PM
Tippman7641 is an unknown quantity at this point

thats why i payed someone, to hard to do it by ur self, let it be their problem,thats what you pay them for

Quick Reply: duel exhaust