General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Electric Emergency Blazer?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 08:54 PM
Joemakerman is on a distinguished road
Default Electric Emergency Blazer?!?!

My girlfriend and I came across this picture in my friend's phone a few nights ago. It's a Emergency vehicle from Taneytown, MD (said "Tawney-town. Don't ask why the hell it's pronounced like that, no one knows), it's a Blazer, and it's electric. I'm just wondering what the heck is going on here? How'd they get an electric Blazer? Why would they use it for emergency purposes? Would it even stand up to a normal gas-powered Blazer? etc.

-Joe

Old 03-03-2010, 09:20 PM
88s10Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't know anything about electric cars, but I think it would be weird to have to plug in your truck every night...

Old 03-03-2010, 09:33 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

gm made electric s10s, i don't know about blazers, you know its electric for sure? i'd think some sort of block heater or battery charger.

Last edited by Spectreblazer; 03-03-2010 at 09:46 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:35 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Joemakerman
it's a Blazer, and it's electric. I'm just wondering what the heck is going on here?

-Joe
I'm no scientist, but it looks to me like they are charging it.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:41 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Could be just a quick access block heater. It would kinda defeat the purpose for an emergency vehicle.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:29 PM
Starting Member
sifd4x4 is on a distinguished road

Haha No its not electric. That is a quick disconnect charger. All of our firetrucks and most every newer emergency vehicle have one but im not sure why they decided to put it right there on the fender. It plugs in and is wired to keep things inside the vehicle charged. Such as flashlights, defibrillator, radios, heart monitors, etc. They may also have that one wired to a block heater but other than that it has nothing to do with the motor. The plug-in is also spring loaded so that when you crank the vehicle it will pop out and you dont have to worry about unplugging it.

Last edited by sifd4x4; 03-03-2010 at 10:31 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:37 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sifd4x4
Haha No its not electric. That is a quick disconnect charger. All of our firetrucks and most every newer emergency vehicle have one but im not sure why they decided to put it right there on the fender. It plugs in and is wired to keep things inside the vehicle charged. Such as flashlights, defibrillator, radios, heart monitors, etc. They may also have that one wired to a block heater but other than that it has nothing to do with the motor. The plug-in is also spring loaded so that when you crank the vehicle it will pop out and you dont have to worry about unplugging it.
That's pretty neat, actually.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:49 PM
99blaz is on a distinguished road

Yea pretty much all emergency vehicles have those o keep stuff charged. But there was an electric blazer in 98. In competed in some competition. I think it was custom though. They're parting it out on the local craigslist.

Old 03-03-2010, 11:17 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

some guy is turning his blazer into a hybrid and theres a build thread floating around somewhere...

Old 03-03-2010, 11:24 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

not electric... but would ROFL if the fire dept pulled up, and while one dude hooked up the hose, the other guy knocked on the door to borrow ane extension cord

Quick Reply: Electric Emergency Blazer?!?!