General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Emissions

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 12:34 PM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough
Default Emissions

Sigh...

So my pipe is dumped right before the rear axle, the Emissions people could not "reach" my pipe, so now i have to have someone add on a couple of feet so i can be legal in this state..

I never liked how straight pipes or visible pipes looked from the day i was old enough to take notice.

Kinda sucks that i have to mod my truck to someone elses standards even tho its doing 0 harm regardless of where the pipe is located.

End rant,

Old 03-31-2012, 12:44 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

sucks man .... just add a pipe with a clamp

get it inspected and then remove it

next time you need to be inspected you put it back =P

(WIN)

Old 03-31-2012, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
sucks man .... just add a pipe with a clamp

get it inspected and then remove it

next time you need to be inspected you put it back =P

(WIN)
Not a bad idea, ill try that first. I wonder if it will leak tho with not being sealed up with a weld.

Old 03-31-2012, 01:06 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

na it wont

just make the cuts on the pipe short and make the clamp nice and tight

Get some metal wire and tie the pipe to the body
go get inspected
and then remove the dam thing

auto parts sells 5 foot lengths it think

Old 03-31-2012, 02:23 PM

Thanks for the idea man, i will do this

Old 03-31-2012, 02:34 PM
BF Guru

np I dont see nothing wrong with it passing like that

Old 03-31-2012, 02:52 PM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Brian_D
Sigh...

So my pipe is dumped right before the rear axle, the Emissions people could not "reach" my pipe, so now i have to have someone add on a couple of feet so i can be legal in this state..

I never liked how straight pipes or visible pipes looked from the day i was old enough to take notice.

Kinda sucks that i have to mod my truck to someone elses standards even tho its doing 0 harm regardless of where the pipe is located.

End rant,
Lol.. being on car forums over twenty years, I've seen guys ripped a new ******* more often than not for saying that about exhaust location.
But I DGAF! if you kill yourself.
I know you live in colorado and I know you have an '04.. and I'm more a conservative / libertarian than not..
MANY states insist that car exhaust must not have leaks and must exit the vehicle according to OEM design. And I dont have a problem with that.
If you cant figure out why... then.. suck a tailpipe.
Just saying.

Last edited by pettyfog; 03-31-2012 at 02:58 PM.
Old 03-31-2012, 03:09 PM
BF Guru

well they wont allow him to do that since the fumes from the exhaust enter the cab

but thats his choice if he wants it like that...

other then that throw a pipe on there to make them happy and thats it get it inspected

Old 03-31-2012, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by pettyfog
Lol.. being on car forums over twenty years, I've seen guys ripped a new ******* more often than not for saying that about exhaust location.
But I DGAF! if you kill yourself.
I know you live in colorado and I know you have an '04.. and I'm more a conservative / libertarian than not..
MANY states insist that car exhaust must not have leaks and must exit the vehicle according to OEM design. And I dont have a problem with that.
If you cant figure out why... then.. suck a tailpipe.
Just saying.
My cab never smells, and the only difference between my exhaust and stock is 2 feet of pipe. nothing was ever changed except for the muffler and shorting of exit pipe.

I appreciate the lack of concern for my well being tho

Old 04-01-2012, 12:59 AM
Beginning Member
95blackblaze is an unknown quantity at this point

I had my exhaust turn down just ahead of the axle on my old pick-up and was told that I needed a tailipe. The exhaust was leagle and clear of the passenger compartment of the truck so I asked why the need for a tailpipe. Their reasoning was that they couldn't reach it without sliding under the truck and that the probe might get caught in the rollers. Funny as it sounds , cause I know one of the mechanics in the shop, there were a few probes ripped out of the testing machine and tangled in the rollers. Apparently the probes arn't that cheap and neither is the repair on the machine. So by the time I got there that was their policy for refusal for testing.

Quick Reply: Emissions