General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Finally did it...

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 11:44 AM
Starting Member
blazerJim1701 is an unknown quantity at this point

You can take them off 4dr's or 2dr's.

Open the glass, there are 3 screws in little grommets unscrew the screw; pull the grommet..

I painted them off the truck as well as the bow tie.

I would not attempt to paint them on the truck.

Last edited by blazerJim1701; 11-21-2009 at 11:52 AM.
Old 11-21-2009, 12:27 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

That looks great! Nice match too! How'd you pull that off?

Like the bowtie too...

However I'm not a fan of Altezza style lights, but they go well with your truck, some just look tacky.

Old 11-21-2009, 12:42 PM
Starting Member

Thx.

I went to advance auto checked the book for the exact paint I needed, checked the numbers in my glove box and got the paint.

I could not stand the original lights some of the lights are tacky but I wanted some silver in the rear since the is some in the front.

Old 11-21-2009, 12:52 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by blazerJim1701
You can take them off 4dr's or 2dr's.
As I stated in my previous post you cannot take them off on 2drs. They are part of the glass piece. If you want to remove them on 2drs you have to remove the entire piece of glass.

And I have to agree with the gaytezza comment. I'm not a fan...but it's your truck, so as long as you like it thats all that matters

Old 11-21-2009, 01:04 PM
Starting Member

ok so you cannot take them off a 2dr.....

How can lights look gay?

Old 11-22-2009, 01:43 PM
Starting Member
degaine_designs is on a distinguished road

Definitely looks good. I wonder why they didn't come painted to match the vehicle from the factory.

Old 11-22-2009, 01:47 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

ok so you cannot take them off a 2dr.....

How can lights look gay?
I actually said I thought they worked with his truck... It's guys with Silverados who put the Altezzas on, especially the boxy pre-99 style... YUCK.

Ummm... I don't know.. they just do lmao.

Nice job again btw.

Old 11-22-2009, 03:11 PM
Starting Member

you would think they would of painted them at the factory...

Old 11-22-2009, 03:35 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

you would think they would of painted them at the factory...
They did on the Bravada! LOL I do seem to remember them being painted on some of the higher trim level trucks as well. It is one of those things that GM did to change the look around a bit for different trims.

Old 11-22-2009, 08:05 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

pretty. I like the way they look painted, too.

Quick Reply: Finally did it...