General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Finally got a little snow!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 09:36 AM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of
Default Finally got a little snow!

Not much snow here, just enough to make it slick and turn all of the roads into solid ice........ Just enough snow to test the BFG's snow capabilities... We had a bigger snow this year but I forgot to get my camera and most of my driving that day was done on a 4-wheeler....

The roads appear to be slushy, but looks can be decieving... under the light snow is what used to be slush affected by 24 degree days... lots and lots of ice... didn't have to use 4x4 until I tried to back up a hill into my moms driveway..lol

We kept this tiny parking lot shoveled when it first started snowing so my wife could get out so there isnt much snow around the blazer...haha

ICE ICE BABY!!! (wow thats corny)

Those BFG's pack with snow when you stop, but don't seem to hold any when you are moving...

maybe soon we will get some REAL snow and not just a dusting... then I can have some fun!

Old 02-13-2008, 09:47 AM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Finally got a little snow!

haha we just got bout another 5" of snow here yesterday lol ahh i love the snow it turns the streets into drift zones lol funny watchin other ppl drive too

Old 02-13-2008, 09:54 AM
Starting Member
JediKnight2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good camoflauged truck

Old 02-13-2008, 12:32 PM
cliro is an unknown quantity at this point

roads look nice and icy.

Old 02-13-2008, 03:17 PM
Binz316 is an unknown quantity at this point

got plenty of snow here in Ohio in last 24hrs. atleast 6-8inches I'd guess. And what do I do? Go out on my birthday and buy myself an 07' Dodge Charger and try to drive it home from the dealer in the snow. Mind you I've never driven a rear wheel drive car that wasn't 4x4(my blazer) and it was an adventure to say the least. I might be lookin to put some weight or snow tires on this thing but if it wasn't for the traction control I would have been sideways a dozen times.

Old 02-13-2008, 07:28 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Yeah, the BFG's gotta be moving pretty good to clear themselves out

How'd they stop on the ice for ya? lol

Old 02-13-2008, 07:35 PM
willjones is an unknown quantity at this point

So I take it the BFG's did well other than stoping? I am looking at getting a set of 31's for some daily commute tires. I am thinking of ways to save some tread on my mud tires. (and they aren't even on yet!)

Old 02-13-2008, 07:40 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Actually, for an all-terrain, they do pretty good on ice, just make sure they're at a good air pressure...

40PSI on a 30x9.5" is too much for grip on ice

Old 02-13-2008, 09:45 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

ORIGINAL: drperry

Actually, for an all-terrain, they do pretty good on ice, just make sure they're at a good air pressure...

40PSI on a 30x9.5" is too much for grip on ice
Yeah thats a bit much for winter time. Mine are between 34 and 36 psi and they do great in the snow/ice that we have up here. At times the amount of snow in the parking lots and roads here is like going offroading. My bumpers and hitch cover are taking a beating this winter from the snow piles and shear amount of snow here. I am happy with the BFG's, they only spin when I want them to, or I am being an idiot lead foot going up hills. Otherwise they stop and drive real good (I think the stopping would be better if I didnt have my abs going off all the time, I need to replace a wheel bearing and that should fix that).

Old 02-14-2008, 11:16 AM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

mine are just above 40psi and I had no problems taking off in 2wd...

Quick Reply: Finally got a little snow!