General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

First long trip with the Black Beast.

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 01:51 PM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road
Default First long trip with the Black Beast.

Boxing day we went down to Lake Aniwhenua (about 350km away) First try at fly fishing. Went with some pro's & I was the only one to catch A fish! Even if it was just the minimum legal size. Tasted good. Anyway, back to the trip.
After getting around 18 - 19 ltr/100km in town, I got an average for the trip of 13. So I was pretty pleased with that.
At around the 250km mark the damn CEL comes on after some hefty gear changes. Must be the P1870 again - transmission slippage.
Whilst there I wanted to drive the logging tracks in the forest but most were overgrown & had the dreaded Gorse bush hanging over the tracks & no way was the Blaze going to get scratched! (Gorse is a pesky thorny bush hated by all farmers because of the difficulty in destroying it). Added to that when I hit th 4hi button (which worked before I left home) it sat blinking back at me. So no off road & no dirty truck pics.
The area we went to is supposed to have lots of Deer, wild pig & Possum. My son-in-law & his dad went hunting for deer but other than scratching the sides of his Exploder in the Gorse - no luck. They were tempted to shoot one of the camps deer but they looked more like pets than wild animals. http://s292.photobucket.com/albums/m...oliday%20Trip/