General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

First time using Duralast Gold

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 06:35 AM
dimmuborgir6nik6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default First time using Duralast Gold

Put an Interstate battery in about 3 months ago, ran fine until the temperatures here in NY started dropping close to 30-40 degrees, started sputtering, when not driven for about 24 hours it would nearly stall. Finally on Saturday it sputtered and died, jumped it and got it running. Sunday it died again, checked the alternator and it was was charging, went to Autozone to try out the Optima Yellow-top, didn't have it so I went with Duralast Gold. Put the Duralast in yesterday, got about 3 inches of snow overnight and it still started up beautify.

Feedback on the Duralast Gold batteries?

Old 02-03-2010, 08:28 AM
Starting Member
bigjon1 is an unknown quantity at this point

The Duralast Gold is what I have had in mine for over a year. I don't have anything negative to say about them. Starts everytime even when it got to about 7 degrees here. Very pleased with my purchase, and the fact that it has an 8 year warranty lol

Old 02-03-2010, 09:26 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

I have the Duralast Gold battery in my wifes car for about 2 years now and haven't had one issue with it. I should have gone with this battery over my Optima battery.

Old 02-03-2010, 09:54 AM
papacope is an unknown quantity at this point

I have not had any problems with my Duralast Gold battery. It starts just fine with cold temperatures and holds a good charge even with my roof lights and fog lights on.

Old 02-03-2010, 12:12 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

I might be getting a new battery soon, I'll look them up. I need a good battery seeing as it can get down to -40C or more at times.

BTW I didn't convert that to F for the reason it's the same -40-C = -40F That's Cold!

Old 02-03-2010, 01:38 PM

Awesome, glad Autozone was out of Optimas then :P And for half the price. Optima at Autozone was a little over $200 without tax, Duralast Gold was $89 then jumped to $100 with tax. I'm sure my problem was the subwoofers, 2000W amp especially. Turned everything on and the battery showed no significant drop until I turned the subs all the way up and the needle started dancing, but I expected that. Even without anything running, with the Interstate battery my windows were slow, and when I used my turn signals the engine sounded like it was gonna bog out hahaha. Plus that little underhood light was never as bright as it is now.

Old 02-03-2010, 06:18 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

damn man lol sounds like another battery & a dual battery isolator is in order

Old 02-03-2010, 06:58 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dimmuborgir6nik6
Optima at Autozone was a little over $200 without tax
personally, i've never had GL with any of the Interstate batteries, and would definately not buy one ever again (even if a VG friend of my Dad is the regional distributor around here)

that Optima is more than it is up here! @ your ever so friendly (cough, cough) neighbourhood Mal-Wart, they go for $174.87 (plus taxes of course).

glad to hear you got your problem solved easily. now if only you could get a refund for the other one.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:26 PM
Starting Member
chiefum is on a distinguished road

I've never had a problem with any interstate battery.....But if you are running stereo....you should think about adding a second battery. Also if you don't like optima......I've heard good things about Kinetik batteries. I've also never had a problem with my optima.

http://www.kinetikaudio.com/2009/default.asp

Old 02-04-2010, 10:59 PM

Yeah everyone has different experiences, people say Optima over Duralast Gold and visa versa. I'd like to try out Optima eventually. I just happened to get stuck with an Interstate battery for my first time since my 3 year old Duralast finally died on me before I went up to Albany with a friend, so we took his car. I figured I'd buy an Optima when I came back, but while I was up there my dad took it into his own hands to go to the local dealer and buy a battery off him and he throws Interstate batteries in everything. I put one in my brother's car and it's been running fine, seems like a gamble. Maybe sometime in my life I'll end up with an Interstate battery again and it will outlast the rest haha

Quick Reply: First time using Duralast Gold