General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Fishing rod holder

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 10:22 AM
Beginning Member
Blazer9614 is on a distinguished road
Default Fishing rod holder

I'm looking to do a nice fishing rod holder for at least 2 rods in the back of my blazer. I know I can buy some but I want to make my own. Any ideas? If you have pictures please share. Or if there is a thread on this already please direct me.

Old 04-04-2016, 10:45 AM
Starting Member
don james is on a distinguished road

welded on each side of my front hitch

Attached Thumbnails Fishing rod holder-002.jpg  
Old 04-04-2016, 02:02 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by don james
welded on each side of my front hitch
thanks don but I'm looking for something for the inside of the blazer so I can keep them in there all the time. I do like your idea though I might do something like that on the back so I can just back up to the lake and use it as rod holders while I'm fishing. but anyways right now I have my poles hanging from bailing wire from the clothes hanger things on the roof in the blazer. I just want something a little cleaner looking and that keeps them from swinging as much

Old 04-04-2016, 02:15 PM
Starting Member

I'm just putting the back seat down and i have just enough room to lay them at an angle on top of everything else;-)........i have never thought of hanging them....that might not be a bad idea for me......I'll see if i can think of something....

Have you tried tying them down on the outside rack?????........I don't know how that would work......???...

Old 04-04-2016, 02:17 PM
Beginning Member

I'm just putting the back seat down and i have just enough room to lay them at an angle on top of everything else;-)........i have never thought of hanging them....that might not be a bad idea for me......I'll see if i can think of something....

Have you tried tying them down on the outside rack?????........I don't know how that would work......???...
I don't have an exterior rack

Old 04-04-2016, 02:49 PM
Starting Member

ok.......well all i can think of for the inside are those brackets for a gun rack......

Old 04-04-2016, 02:54 PM
Beginning Member

ok.......well all i can think of for the inside are those brackets for a gun rack......
Yeah I thought of that too. Oh well I will keep thinking

Old 04-04-2016, 10:12 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Get some PVC pipe that you can fit a couple of poles inside of, cut to length and attach using something like what is used to attach fire extinguishers. I can't figure out the name of that thing for the life of me. You can use the clothes hanger hole in the front but would have to figure out how to mount it in the back.

I haven't done this as I just lay my poles on top of whatever else might be in the back. I've tried to find some way to mount a gun rack but I haven't found anything that will work in the back of the 2nd gens.

Old 04-04-2016, 10:31 PM
Starting Member

soooo.....AJ have you tried tying them to the roof rack......i can stick the handles under the cross piece in the front and tie them to the rack at the back cross piece......it seems like this will work.......with reels attached .......i haven't tried it yet, but i'm going on the Thursday, I'll give it a try.......

aren't you up in south park???...........do you fish antero spinney and 11 mile??......

Old 04-05-2016, 08:44 AM
TxTurtle is on a distinguished road

Use some 3M Command Cord Bundlers to hang them. They should stick to the trim above the side windows in the back. & then it would be simple to strap them up & take them down. I use these things to hang the steering wheels for a Wii behind my garage TV. That way the kids don't lose them easily. Plus they come off like all of the other command strip hanger products if you get rid of the vehicle at some point down the road.
I would recommend cleaning the trim with some alcohol before applying the strips though to remove any oils or dirt/dust that would keep them from sticking good. The ones in my garage have been holding strong for about 3 years now.

Command? Cord Bundlers

Quick Reply: Fishing rod holder