General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Fitting American racing torque thrust wheels on a 98 4 by 4 Chevy S10 Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2019, 12:01 PM
Beginning Member
Steven D. Devore is on a distinguished road
Default Fitting American racing torque thrust wheels on a 98 4 by 4 Chevy S10 Blazer

I have a 1998 Chevy 4 wheel drive Blazer and am wanting to go to a set of American racing torque thrusts on it, wondering if anyone knows of anyone that has done this? I know that they will work on a 2 wheel drive but I'm not saying the big deal other than the offset as far as the Fatma and functionality on my 4x4 Blazer

Old 02-11-2019, 08:44 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

What's the size of the rims you want? What's the backspacing? Stock 4wd is 6", as you go to a lower number, it'll move the wheels out

Old 02-11-2019, 09:47 PM
Beginning Member

Thinking strongly about staying with 15's as far as I rim size goes , but backspacing I know as you mentioned is 6inches, a fellow at a fairly local tire shop said he thinks I could get by with 15 x 8in. Rims with a zero degree offset, not sure if it'll work for sure but the good thing is if he if he orders rims and they wouldn't work, we're not obligated to buy those and he can keep going till he gets a set that will,

Old 02-12-2019, 07:30 AM
BF Veteran

I'm running 15x8 on my truck with a 4.5" backspacing with no issues. If you're sticking to a stock size tire I don't see why there would be any issues

​​​​​

Old 02-12-2019, 07:48 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by cleburne red
I'm running 15x8 on my truck with a 4.5" backspacing with no issues. If you're sticking to a stock size tire I don't see why there would be any issues

​​​​​
I I forgot to mention that although I'm thinking strongly of sticking with the factory 15 inch wheel size, tire size will most likely be 31 by 10 .50s like I'm running on it now,

Old 02-12-2019, 08:10 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Steven D. Devore
I I forgot to mention that although I'm thinking strongly of sticking with the factory 15 inch wheel size, tire size will most likely be 31 by 10 .50s like I'm running on it now,
You already have the 31x10.50 on there? How much lift, if any, do you have?

Old 02-12-2019, 04:40 PM
Beginning Member

You already have the 31x10.50 on there? How much lift, if any, do you have?
Yes I do on stock blazer 15" rims and no lift, it's at stock heigth

Old 02-12-2019, 05:54 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Torsion crank? Can you post a pic?

I had to do a torsion crank and grind down some bolts to fit 235/75r15 wrangler duratracs on my blazer, and they are only about 29.5" new.

Old 02-12-2019, 06:06 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by DonL
Torsion crank? Can you post a pic?

I had to do a torsion crank and grind down some bolts to fit 235/75r15 wrangler duratracs on my blazer, and they are only about 29.5" new.
Say what? 235/75-15 is a stock size tire? Unless your t bars were just sagged down that bad?

Old 02-12-2019, 06:34 PM
Beginning Member

Say what? 235/75-15 is a stock size tire? Unless your t bars were just sagged down that bad?
Actually no, I haven't touched the torsion bars at all, it's all stock suspension settings although I am considering doing around a 3-inch lift, not a body lift , but a complete lift, I don't like the looks of a vehicle that's only had a body lift , too much gap between the frame and the body and although I don't take mine intentionally into the mud although mine is basically a project for the street and for very mild off road , as in dry wide trails and that sort of thing , not going to rip up my project or the work and money that's being put into it, also I'm considering a 5-3 swap later on, not sure on that though as I do like the 4.3 that's in it but would like quite a bit more power on tap, won't be near as nice as a lot of blazers I know but I like it and it should be pretty decent once it's done, also want to add wide hard type fender flares on to it something like that's on ZR2 two-door blazers and that kind of thing, and good luck to you all you men and women out there that's fixing up whatever project you may have going on ☺️👍

Last edited by Steven D. Devore; 02-12-2019 at 06:39 PM.

Quick Reply: Fitting American racing torque thrust wheels on a 98 4 by 4 Chevy S10 Blazer