General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Fix mine up or get a ZR2?

Old 03-17-2013, 05:15 PM
Beginning Member
RonB is on a distinguished road
Default Fix mine up or get a ZR2?

I bought my 95 for $1,500 knowing it needed work and intended on fixing it up but just haven't been motivated. 4x4 and everything works need supension work, brakes, PO riged the exhaust needs minimum of a cat back and some interior work. I bought my z28 rims but haven't cleaned up or painted yet. I just havent been motivated maybe because I don't like the color I dont know.

Attached Thumbnails Fix mine up or get a ZR2?-img2833s.jpg  
Old 03-17-2013, 05:19 PM
Beginning Member

OK I have been looking at a couple of ZR2 for $3,999 a black 99 and a green 01. I;m having mixed feelings on what to do. It will never see heavyduty offraod use just mainly taking the dogs in the woods for a little fun.

I also have been think about a Tahoe for the same price but am not super crazy about that color either. Silver

Thoughts please.

Attached Thumbnails Fix mine up or get a ZR2?-afc67691335a4aa79773f7d.jpg  
Old 03-17-2013, 05:28 PM
Twip will become famous soon enough

dude, i would kill for either white or silver. they are so much less maintenance when it comes to washing them. and me personally think that they look really good in white. when i was looking to buy i looked at 3 white ones that i HAD to pass on because there was so much rust on the under side. now i have a black one and its dirty 2 mins after i wash it.

heres what i would do. if you dont like the color that much and you have already put a few bucks in it. as long as it has decent mileage and runs good and all that, i would just have it resprayed. if you go to a good paint shop and have them do all the work, i dont see how you cant be happy with it then. or do it yourself. you can have any color that you want that way. hey, paint it bright green or something. whatever you feel like.

when i look at a car, there are a few colors that i dont want, but its not going to break a deal on a good car. if everything else checks out and is in good shape, who cares about color. you dont want to spend money on something that is junk because its dark blue or whatever. you need to worry about how mechanically sound the drive train is and what kind of shape the body is in.

just my .02

Old 03-17-2013, 05:39 PM
swanman35 is on a distinguished road

The only color blazer I like more than white, is red. I love the white ones. Why not lift it and make it more similar to a zr2? Would probably end up being less to do that and get it all fixed up thab to buy another.

Old 03-17-2013, 05:43 PM
Beginning Member

I think the white on my Blazer is just giveine me a hard time on decieding what color to paint my rims.

The silver wouldn't kill the deal on the Tahoe though.

Old 03-17-2013, 06:02 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by swanman35
The only color blazer I like more than white, is red. I love the white ones. Why not lift it and make it more similar to a zr2? Would probably end up being less to do that and get it all fixed up thab to buy another.
Interior isn't that great. And I was thinking it would be nice to have a updated interior with a airbag on the pasangers side for my wife.

Thats kind of my delima I feel like I'm going to have just as much in mine as getting the ZR2. But the plus would be most of the things are new.

Old 03-17-2013, 07:20 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

keep the white one for a trail ride...fix it up as you find time. honestly at this point i think you will be lucky to break even. then get the other ride for the daily driver.
my thoughts.

Old 03-17-2013, 07:35 PM
Beginning Member

The Blazer or Tahoe would be DD or the white one for that matter. I'm not concerned what I would get out of the white one as that would be part money for the new one.

My main toy is my Mustang ( damn I said that on a chevy board ) and I'm getting ready to get a KennyBell supercharger for it.

Old 03-17-2013, 09:13 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

Dont worry your not alone...a couple of us have stangs for the summer...me included.
I am on a couple of stang forums with the same screen name. I would love to go procharger..but my budget is not there yet. I have a 95 with a 99 rebuilt in it with the windstar swap...and some other minor goodies.

Old 03-17-2013, 10:10 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

They make other color blazers, bravadas and jimmys besides black? crazy... Black... black... black...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fix mine up or get a ZR2?