General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

fogs on the roof rack

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 04:00 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: fogs on the roof rack

Haha yea, not much room there at all...I tried that first...didn't work out for me

Old 03-17-2008, 04:02 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

It'll work for a pair of 55 - 100 watt lights, and that's it...

It'd be easier if the roof rack was grounded, lol.

Old 03-17-2008, 11:51 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

ok so now i'm looking at getting 2 fogs to mount on the bumper and 2 driving lights on the rack. i like the look of the rectangular fogs and driving lights does anyone know of some good but cheap lights?

Old 03-18-2008, 05:35 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

What's your definition of cheap?

What size are you looking for?

Old 03-18-2008, 09:14 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

You can get a real powerful set for around 100-120 bucks. If you want cheaper than that, Advance carries something like Baja brand that are around 20ish per light last I can remember.

Just realize you're going to get what you pay for...

One good alternative would be finding a cheap housing (not sure how good the reflector is in those Bajas) and put in a replacement bulb from a higher end set of lights.

Old 03-18-2008, 03:09 PM
BF Veteran

JetCo is a good mix between price and quality, usually.

Old 03-18-2008, 11:20 PM

i was thinkin of spending like $100 for a pair of lights (i'm thinkin of gettin some fogs off this 98+ bravada at work for free or cheap) just driving lights. so drperry where would i get some JetCo lights? they dont seem very common seeing as i have never heard of them.

also how well would a conversion like wolfpack is talking about be by using the cheap driving light housing and putting in a better bulb?

Old 03-19-2008, 05:04 AM
BF Veteran

That's what I did for my 3 roof lights... $26 bucks a pair, and put 100w bulbs in them... No issues as long as you don't keep them on for hours when you're parked...

Though, the problems I've had could be from having them submerged under water... They're not water tight... But so long as you keep them out of rivers/lakes and such, they're fine...

As for where to find JetCo stuff, check your local big rig parts stores... That's the only place I've found JetCo stuff around here... My brother works in a big rig parts store

Old 03-19-2008, 11:01 AM

ok cool so i can just go buy any cheap light and then get any 100watt bulb and i'll be good?

we dont really have any big rig places around here so i'll take a search online and see if i can find anything

Old 03-19-2008, 12:52 PM
BF Veteran

Not exactly...you still need to take into account the quality and shape of the reflector. If it's smooth and rounded, it will cast a spot beam, and won't give you the spread of light you're looking for up close. Look for a wider spread reflector..also try not to get a housing that has a patterned or etched lens...The smoother the lens, the farther and cleaner the light pattern will be.

Quick Reply: fogs on the roof rack