General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Forum newb looking for Blazer friends

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 01:37 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by CarThrower
kiwiblazer, Ha, yeahh. I'm surrounded by Jeep people. I only know one person who owns a badass Blazer, and he still prefers Jeep.
Are there a lot of Blazer lovers in New Zealand??
Not really, foxxie & I are the only New Zealand (& RHD regulars) on the forum. Occasionally some guy would pop up & ask a question & then dissapear.

Our Blazers, as most of you guys in the US & Canada know by now, came from Japan (built in New jersey) in RHD format. They have some differences like fender flares which make them different. We had a few thousand come in as used vehicles but most are treated as "just another Jap import".

As soon as people realised the heavy gas milage they stopped buying them & imports stopped. Some dealers had to do the LPG conversions to shift stock.

Last edited by kiwiblazer; 01-09-2011 at 01:41 AM.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:17 AM
Beginning Member
CarThrower is on a distinguished road

Verno, I checked out their website and I saw your Blazer under their RPO ZR2 SAS Kit project. It looks really nice. They seem very proud of their work. Are they reliable? If they were closer I would definitely go check them out. But where I'm located, I would have to clear a whole day just to drive out there.

kiwiblazer, RHD looks so odd to me. Lol. Is all of New Zealand RHD? I like your light rack by the way. I've never seen one like that on a Blazer before. Is it custom? I normally see the KC lights. I took a picture of a nice one on the way to work one day:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...g?t=1294593389

Old 01-10-2011, 12:36 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Yep! Both Islands!

Light rack is custom. Can't buy that sort of thing here in Kiwiland.

Check out the "How To" in my sig.

Old 01-10-2011, 11:21 AM
Beginning Member
CarThrower is on a distinguished road

Thanks! It is very descriptive and also very helpful. I think the hardest steps for me would be the electrical part. I am horrible with anything electronic. Lol. I'm hoping to try doing the light rack when it gets warmer outside. Thanks again for directing me to your "How To" link.

Old 01-10-2011, 11:24 AM
Red 96' will become famous soon enoughRed 96' will become famous soon enough

Welcome to the best Blazer forum out there! I live around the Detroit area, pretty close to Novi.

Old 01-10-2011, 01:28 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

Thanks! It is very descriptive and also very helpful. I think the hardest steps for me would be the electrical part. I am horrible with anything electronic. Lol. I'm hoping to try doing the light rack when it gets warmer outside. Thanks again for directing me to your "How To" link.
I HATE wiring diagrams. They make no sense to me. I would prefer pictures of the actual wires instead of just lines. Lights aren't that hard, you only have to deal with your Power Wire and Ground Wire.

Old 01-10-2011, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by ChevyBlazerChick
I HATE wiring diagrams. They make no sense to me. I would prefer pictures of the actual wires instead of just lines. Lights aren't that hard, you only have to deal with your Power Wire and Ground Wire.
Same here, but I learned my lesson real fast about screwing up wiring haha. The first time I wired the lights on my brushguard, the power wire shorted out and wasn't fused, so it almost caught my dash and carpet on fire oops!

Old 01-10-2011, 03:36 PM
Verno will become famous soon enough

Verno, I checked out their website and I saw your Blazer under their RPO ZR2 SAS Kit project. It looks really nice. They seem very proud of their work. Are they reliable?
Yes, they are a GREAT group of guys, they practically bent over backwards to address a few problems that arose after picking up my ZR2.

Old 01-10-2011, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Verno
Yea, there is a shop that does work on my Blazer, just outside of Detroit, in Brighton.
http://www.diversifiedcreations.com/
I'll be back up there soon.
Diversified is an awesome shop! My neighbor has a 67' Camaro that now has a 2001 LS1 under the hood, he took it there to have the wiring harness made and installed. While I was there, they were working on two S-series trucks installing lifts and both were getting the LS1 treatment.

Old 01-10-2011, 05:33 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Red 96'
Diversified is an awesome shop! My neighbor has a 67' Camaro that now has a 2001 LS1 under the hood, he took it there to have the wiring harness made and installed. While I was there, they were working on two S-series trucks installing lifts and both were getting the LS1 treatment.
Shops are great... if you have the money to throw down for times the cost of the part lol. Labor Ain't Cheap! lol

Quick Reply: Forum newb looking for Blazer friends