General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Friend sold blazer, But has issues with sale of the blazer. Need Help!

Old 03-17-2008, 02:03 PM
Starting Member
lionel2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Friend sold blazer, But has issues with sale of the blazer. Need Help!

Hello,My friend sold his 1999 blazer and the person that bought it paid for it by a cashier's check. The sale was complete and he went home. But, then after he cashed the check and a few days later, the woman that bought the blazer wanted a copy of the reciept of the cashier's check. My friend asked me why would she want a copy of the cashier's check. Do you guys have any idea why she wants a copy of the cashier's check??

Old 03-17-2008, 02:06 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Friend sold blazer, But has issues with sale of the blazer. Need Help!

No idea why she would want it, but I don't think it's your buddy's problem. She needs to contact the issuing bank.

Old 03-17-2008, 02:11 PM
Starting Member
Default RE: Friend sold blazer, But has issues with sale of the blazer. Need Help!

It just made us wonder why. Is she trying to get her money back somehow. What good will the receipt do her?? I mean, my buddy cashed the check and is pending in his account and will probably go through tonight he said. So, my buddy was like what if she is trying to appeal or something. Some scam or something.

Old 03-17-2008, 02:20 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Just a FYI never sign the title away of a vehicle until the cashiers check clears.. There have been multiple scams with people passing off fake cashiers checks to purchase vehicles. It has happened to my neighbor when he tried to sell his VW, and when I told him about waiting till it cleared. The check bounced and the person who issued the check never returned for the vehicle. Never accept personal checks, cashiers check or money orders just cash when selling a vehicle unless the owner is willing to wait for the check to clear. There have been too many posts about people getting screwed in these situations.

Old 03-17-2008, 02:22 PM
cliro is an unknown quantity at this point

hope everything works out for your buddy.

Old 03-17-2008, 02:25 PM
Starting Member

OH NO, I gotta call my buddy then now. I guess he will find out if the check clears by midnight tonight. He said that it is pending in his account but not cleared and will be updated at midnight tonight. What if the check does clear and then the deal is final, just dont give the lady a receipt for whatever reason, just say he threw it away or something. But, if the check does not clear, then what does my buddy do?? thanks.

Old 03-17-2008, 02:50 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Does he have her information? If not, I'm not sure because all threads i've read people were out of luck on getting the vehicles back. Hope it's not a scam and if it is hopefully the person didnt resell the truck right away.

Old 03-17-2008, 03:56 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Couple things to note here:

One, she probably wants a copy of the reciept of the cashier's check to add to her records as proof for bill of sale. NC requires proof with bill of sale which is required for any title transfer. When I bought my Range Rover last summer, I had just used the copy of the check my bank gave me with the bill of sale, and it worked just fine.

And cashier's checks are the same as certified checks if i'm not mistaken...which means the money has already been verified, and the check is written from the bank with funds already removed from the signer's (the woman's) account. If you've ever paid a court fee with cashier's/certified check you'd know this.

Your buddy is probably fine, I wouldn't worry about it. Just verify her information, see if anything comes up in public records, etc, then if worst case something does happen, you've got her info.

Old 03-17-2008, 04:00 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't worry about it. If the bank already accepted the cashier's check for deposit, it probably isn't a fake. I would have waited for it to clear just like I would wait for any check from anyone to clear. But again, I think your buddy is fine.

Around here, cashier's checks come with a carbon copy on the back...

Old 03-17-2008, 05:11 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Yeah, when you get the cashiers check, it has a carbon copy + the bank gives you a receipt... At least mine does... Maybe she forgot to take off the carbon copy, or lost her receipt...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Friend sold blazer, But has issues with sale of the blazer. Need Help!