General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Front end swap

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 09:10 PM
toneyhrpr is on a distinguished road
Default Front end swap

Does anyone know if you can put the 98 blazer front end on a 96 blazer?

Old 05-11-2010, 01:17 AM
Taymacjack is an unknown quantity at this point

are you referring to the grill, bumper, and headlights? If so, then yes. You need a core support from a 98+ blazer though.

Old 05-11-2010, 05:44 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

^agree^

Old 05-11-2010, 06:28 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Search will turn up a number of discussions on this topic. Something like "front+end+swap" or "grill+swap"..

Old 05-11-2010, 11:20 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

yeah, that search will turn up a dozen threads on the subject.

without re-posting everything i've posted before on this (like so many others), do the search, 'cause there's alot more than just swappin' out the rad (core) support.

Old 05-12-2010, 01:22 AM

really all it is is swapping out the core support and slicing some headlight wires (if you even need to screw with the headlights depending on what type you have). It simple really.

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f199/h...s-10-a-208724/

Old 05-12-2010, 02:05 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

why send him over to them Tayma?

there are a few threads right here on out forum about the job.

Old 05-12-2010, 03:01 AM

because that's where the how-to is.

when I did my conversion this was the cheapest place for a new core support.
http://www.stylintrucks.com/part.asp...&partid=558269

60 for a new one. try to find a promo code for free shipping.
it will cost you 32 bucks at a pick-n-pull if there's one near your location...or try craigslist.

All the other stuff is just a matter of looking for the best deal. Just check ebay, parts sites, or junk yards.

Old 05-13-2010, 09:29 AM
toneyhrpr is on a distinguished road

Awesome! Thank you guys that was a lot of help(:

Old 05-14-2010, 04:57 PM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by Taymacjack
because that's where the how-to is.
so what you're really saying is, nobody on here knows what they're doing regarding a conversion?

funny, i sure seem to think i put in a good nickels worth of info (on a few threads on that subject), and i've done a few of them.

Quick Reply: Front end swap