General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Fuel Pumps

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 12:29 PM
Beginning Member
JBood is on a distinguished road
Default Fuel Pumps

So i initially purchased this model
on ebay for $66 shipped. It was DOA. Could hear the pump run, and the gauge worked but no fuel. All lines are new, new tank seal and lock ring, new quick connectors etc.. I primed it many times and cranked a bit too. Unhooked the filter and no fuel in the feed. I don't recommend buying from am-autoparts despite their high positive feedback and high sales volume. I asked them a few questions about the pump, post-purchase and they didn't respond to my questions regarding the pump not working, though they are issuing a full refund.

I ordered a http://www.ebay.com/itm/380536340966?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p398 4.m1439.l2649"]Redline by Herko with a 1 year warranty for $72 shipped. Anybody have any experience with this unit?

Last edited by JBood; 07-31-2013 at 02:27 PM.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:08 PM
Beginning Member
Habu is on a distinguished road

Not this particular model, but the 4-door equivalent. It was a hassle-free purchase, the company delivered on-time and the thing actually worked. It was installed a few months ago, and so far has worked fine.

It was a temporary fix, while I was deciding if I wanted to keep the Blazer (or sell it as a running vehicle). The plan is to eventually replace it with OEM.

The way such plans tend to go for me, that will get done shortly after this pump dies.

Old 07-31-2013, 03:13 PM
Beginning Member
Default ...

Habu,

I hope you're referring to the Herko unit, yes? I don't see how you can go wrong with the same warranty as an AC/Delco or any other big name manufacturer. Does anybody make a lifetime warranty pump? Or have any experience with a "high-flow" on ebay like this?

Attached Thumbnails Fuel Pumps-%24t2ec16hhjfoe9nh6qtppbro-6ymbq-%7E%7E60_57.jpg  
Old 07-31-2013, 03:45 PM
Beginning Member

I had to cut out the factory pigtail (4pin square) for the junk pump (4 pin rectangle)...looks like the Herko will use the OEM version so I getta splice that back in...*lame*. We shall see, updates once it arrives.

Old 08-01-2013, 05:43 AM
Beginning Member

I apologize for not being more clear. I am running the Herko pump.

Given the lower price of the Herko pump, I'm just a bit hesitant about trusting it completely. It may last forever, but I want to be prepared to replace it if necessary.

Old 08-01-2013, 09:48 AM
Beginning Member
Default Herko Pump

I understand completely.. did it come with a different style pigtail you had to splice into the factory harness? Or did stock plug right in... Chomping at the bit waiting on this second pump.. I had a bad fuel leak due to rust right over the rear axle/top shock mount so I replaced the feed and return lines, figured I may as well put in a pump while i had the tank off.

Old 08-02-2013, 03:13 AM
Beginning Member

I think it just plugged in (I had someone else install it). I didn't have time to do it the way I wanted to (cut a new door over the pump), or the patience to do it the book way.

Old 08-02-2013, 03:29 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

You guys may have a good warranty, but you can expect to be replacing it soon. These trucks NEED acdelco or delphi pumps. There are more than just a few here that have skimped out on a pump and ended up replacing it more than once.

Old 08-02-2013, 07:54 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

^^^^ x over 9000

Old 08-09-2013, 05:20 PM
Beginning Member

mine is working great... very quiet pump. Exhaust is on, runs and sounds great!

Quick Reply: Fuel Pumps