General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Gas Mileage

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 12:11 AM
KIllarb634 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Gas Mileage

Ok I will take a look at stuff before replacing but will def replace the fuel pump since i have no records of it being replaced.

I have a block heater installed on it but dont have a driveway to plug it into.
BFG's are 235 75 15's
Currently have 124k on the clock

I know idling there gives 0mpg but i like my heat on cold mornings.

I'll update this weekend after i check out dist cap/rotor and plug wires to see if i'm losing insulation.

Old 02-16-2008, 09:33 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: KIllarb634

Ok I will take a look at stuff before replacing but will def replace the fuel pump since i have no records of it being replaced.
Don't you mean fuel filter? No need to replace the pump unless it tests out to be bad.

Old 02-16-2008, 04:43 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

ORIGINAL: KIllarb634

I have a block heater installed on it but dont have a driveway to plug it into.
BFG's are 235 75 15's
Currently have 124k on the clock

I know idling there gives 0mpg but i like my heat on cold mornings.

I'll update this weekend after i check out dist cap/rotor and plug wires to see if i'm losing insulation.
Dress up

As long as you can see out the windows, you're good to go

Old 02-16-2008, 10:12 PM
WhiteTie BlackJacket is an unknown quantity at this point

Dont you mean dress warm drperry? Haha.
I would manually check the milage too before going through too much trouble. That was the first thing I thought when I saw you were going by the digital thing.

Old 02-16-2008, 11:48 PM
KIllarb634 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes i meant fuel filter.
I am doing a manual check now, i filled up this morning.

Old 02-21-2008, 03:28 AM
BrianMichaels1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Muahaha. I get 29MPG! Well, strictly highway on cruise at 55MPH. But I still get better than most economy car's city mileage, in my 4X4 Blazer. At 60MPH strictly highway I get 26-27MPG. 65MPH=25-26, 70=about 23-24, 75=about 21-22. Oh, and 95=17MPG. Strictly city 15-16.

But seriously, 9MPG?! that's horrible, I mean, that's Dodge Ram mileage. Something's wrong man...

Old 02-21-2008, 08:42 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: swartlkk
Oh and please people, lets try to help this person instead of having another "this is what I get for gas mileage" thread.

Old 02-21-2008, 09:23 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Wow that's really crappy.. I thought my 14mpg city was bad. Maybe try what Lenny said to do about the tire pressure and see if that works. Also def replace the the fuel filter and check the air filter.

Old 02-21-2008, 11:58 PM
BrianMichaels1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I talked too much, my apologies. In conclusion, I was saying "that's bad mileage, something is wrong". I hope I haven't made all of your lives too much more difficult.

IF I was talking to this guy in person, I'd start buy giving him examples of what he should be expecting out of his Blazer.

Old 02-22-2008, 05:32 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Without seeing what people call "easy on the pedal" it's hard to say what they can expect

My gas mileage bombed... So I'm getting a new engine, lmao.

Quick Reply: Gas Mileage