General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

getting a new blazer, need help

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 12:17 PM
Starting Member
Maestro is on a distinguished road
Default getting a new blazer, need help

okay like it says im looking to get a new blazer and i have 5 that im looking at....

1) '96 2dr, the good; body looks great, runs good drives good, trans shifts fine.....the bad; 220K miles...clutch fan is shot, and theres a knock coming from what sounds like the driveshaft........$1500

2) '00 4dr, good; same as the first, 150Kmi,....the bad; noise from engine "scraping sound coming from middle passengers side cylinder"
motor has been rebuilt, new crank and bearings.........$1500

3) '91 2dr, 161kmi, good; body looks good, little rust behind the rear wheels, ....thats bout all i know about this one.... $1500

4) '87 2dr, ?Kmi, good; body great, interior great, no rust, 2800

5) '94 2dr, 69kmi, looks great, at a carlot so must drive good, $4990

Old 11-15-2011, 01:12 PM
Starting Member
91chevywt is an unknown quantity at this point

OK I don't want to tell you what to buy, but I would stay away from #2 (needs engine) and #5 (overpriced by a lot). #1 Probably needs driveshaft U-joints. #4 would be a good buy if it has lower miles, you can get the price down some, and it's a nice overall truck

Old 11-15-2011, 01:52 PM
Starting Member
Old 11-15-2011, 02:15 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

#4 looks exceptionally clean!

Why are you purchasing another?

Old 11-15-2011, 02:21 PM
Starting Member

to be honest, the one i have ive put so much effort and money into it, and its still not 100% and im at my wits end with it, and winters coming up really soon

Old 11-15-2011, 02:29 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TripleBlackBlazer
#4 looks exceptionally clean!
All of the 1st gens look very clean compared to what I'm used to seeing up here in NY! #5 looks pretty good as well, but at 17 years old & only 69k miles (if that's true mileage), I'd be worried about the health of all things rubber due to the age of things and the lack of use. #5 is overpriced IMO.

Originally Posted by Maestro
to be honest, the one i have ive put so much effort and money into it, and its still not 100% and im at my wits end with it, and winters coming up really soon
Vehicles are generally for sale for a reason. Do you think it better to buy what could have been someone else's problem than to continue to fix the problems you know about with yours? Doesn't seem like a good enough reason to me.

Old 11-15-2011, 02:33 PM
Starting Member

thats just it, i have no idea whats still wrong with mine, and after all its put me thru i dont know if i would trust driving it very far

Old 11-16-2011, 10:20 AM
Starting Member

alright looks like 4 is out...its not showing up on the site any more....but ive added a few non-blazers to the list...not sure how everone will feel about that tho....

1a) 87 Suzuki Samurai

2a) 1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max 5sp 4x4 V6

Old 11-16-2011, 11:13 AM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Maestro
alright looks like 4 is out...its not showing up on the site any more....but ive added a few non-blazers to the list...not sure how everone will feel about that tho....

1a) 87 Suzuki Samurai

2a) 1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max 5sp 4x4 V6
Oh... jeeezzz! You cant fix your american iron that has SOME problems so you want to venture into NEW known pieces of crap?

I aint gonna do it for you.

Old 11-16-2011, 11:49 AM
Starting Member

alright it has a little bit more than "SOME" problems, ive only gotten to drive the thing only 3 times in a year, and tbh im tired of throwing my money at it and it still not working

Quick Reply: getting a new blazer, need help