General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Glasspack or Flowmaster?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 12:50 AM
dimmuborgir6nik6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Glasspack or Flowmaster?

I'm looking for a good sound, like one a Flowmaster Super 44 or Super 40 series can deliver.
I also know glasspack is good for it's loud snappy sound, especially on larger V8 motors.

I was thinking if I buy 3" pipes, and get a 3.00 in/out exhaust. That should sound pretty sweet, or I can just buy an exhaust with the normal sized in/outlets. I'm not sure yet if mine is a 2.25 in and 2.50 out like people said some were. I have pictures of the stock exhaust on my truck with the pipes running into it. Looks like it has a 2.50 pipe with a 2.25 reducer for the inlet if I'm correct.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6.../Blazer023.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6.../Blazer025.jpg

For the glasspacks, what type glasspack is the loudest or best performance?

Old 12-15-2007, 08:11 AM
Verno will become famous soon enough
Default RE: Glasspack or Flowmaster?

Jigg, a member here has LOTS of aftermarket parts for ya.
He's a great guy to deal with.
Here's a link to his site.
http://www.shop.synergyoffroad.com/main.sc

Old 12-15-2007, 09:53 AM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

I personally do not like glasspacks. They deteriorate after a while. I have a FM 40 thats pretty good sounding, but its not as loud as I would like. Anyway your exhaust should be 2.5" in and 2.25" out. When you have the exhaust done, you need to pipe it out with 2.5" pipe

Old 12-15-2007, 12:19 PM
Beginning Member
95blackblaze is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a flowmaster 40 on my Blazer,liked it and if it was just me and my friends I would have kept it. But on any trip of distance my daughter would get headaches from the sound resonating up through the floor. I also couldn't hear her talk to me. I went with a little cheaper white box turbo muffler. Sound in the truck is a lot more comfortable for all and the tone out back deepened a little. I'll most likely go with one of the glass wrapped/packed straight through muffler next time.

Old 12-15-2007, 02:35 PM

So just buy all new 2.5 pipes?

Old 12-15-2007, 06:54 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

also keep in mind that glasspack is not a brand of muffler but a style... all glass-pack style mufflers don't sound the same... what brand are you looking at?? dynomax, cherrybomb, etc??? I run a flowmaster super 40, its pretty nice, but it definitely doesnt turn my truck into a hot rod

Old 12-15-2007, 08:10 PM

I was looking at Dynomax, because I've heard so many times don't bother with cherrybombs unless you have a V8.
I haven't talked to anyone who's out a Super 44 on their Blazer yet. Probably because more cars have them, but I was also wondering if it was possible to run duals. I'm sure it's probably possible, but I mean, the left side of the truck doesn't look like there's too much room to run piping unless I spent a ton of money getting it custom.

Old 12-15-2007, 11:17 PM
Jigg is an unknown quantity at this point

I've run:

Flowmaster 40 with Catco Cat
Cherry Bomb Glasspack with stock cat
Magnaflow 18" with Magnaflow high flow cat.

The magnaflow sounds the best, followed by the glass cherry bomb, with flowmaster being last, in my opinion.

Flowmaster is definitely the loudest... but it's not a good loud, it's a raspy, popping kind of loud.

Old 12-15-2007, 11:27 PM

Eh, I need to hear some.
Like, I like that popping kinda sound, but I've heard loud exhausts that just sound bad. I don't wanna make a pricey mistake.

Old 12-16-2007, 10:38 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: Verno

Jigg, a member here has LOTS of aftermarket parts for ya.
He's a great guy to deal with.
Here's a link to his site.
http://www.shop.synergyoffroad.com/main.sc

$219. what other mods are done to this truck.?....they show this pic on the 2" bodylift page.
obviously bigger tires.....looks pretty sweet tho, i may have to buy this if they ship to canada.

Quick Reply: Glasspack or Flowmaster?