General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Good deal? or waste of money?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 12:29 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future
Default Good deal? or waste of money?

I'm looking for a set of new tires for my truck...I found this set of 6 for only $450. The tread looks crappy on a couple of them, but two are next to new. It's almost worth it just for the 2 new ones...is it not? What are your thoughts?

http://halifax.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ196362106

Old 04-07-2010, 07:19 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

I wouldn't. They aren't even all the same design. The 2 A/T's might be worth $150 or so.

Old 04-07-2010, 07:27 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

yeah... I'd buy a set of Cooper A/T tires of some sort... cheap and supposedly a good tire.

Old 04-07-2010, 07:29 PM
Starting Member
sifd4x4 is on a distinguished road

450 seems pretty steep for a set of used tires that small. My Dad bought a brand new set of 31-10.50-15 maxxis buckshot mudders for right at 400. Id see if you could get him to sell you just the mud terrains for a good deal.

Old 04-08-2010, 06:59 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Blazin_Jason
I wouldn't. They aren't even all the same design. The 2 A/T's might be worth $150 or so.
Well 4/6 are the same design, so it's a set.

Originally Posted by oktain
yeah... I'd buy a set of Cooper A/T tires of some sort... cheap and supposedly a good tire.
Only problem is I'd have to order them and shipping on tires is just ridiculous. I don't know of anyone around here that sells those tires. I'll keep looking though...Not sure I wanted to fork out the crazy amount of cash for new tires anyway. They're expensive as hell down here. Especially once you get into the AT's and mud tires, which is what I want.

Originally Posted by sifd4x4
450 seems pretty steep for a set of used tires that small. My Dad bought a brand new set of 31-10.50-15 maxxis buckshot mudders for right at 400. Id see if you could get him to sell you just the mud terrains for a good deal.
That small?? They're 31's? And it's 6 tires lol. That's an awesome price IMO. The only thing that bothers me is the tread depth. I'll see if he'll sell me them on their own.

Last edited by Sisk; 04-08-2010 at 07:02 AM.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:53 AM
Starting Member
sifd4x4 is on a distinguished road

Haha I guess around here there is so much stuff with 31s and so many people with bigger tires then they seem small. And I forgot that your in Canada so there might be a difference in availibility of mud tires.

Old 04-08-2010, 12:54 PM
BF Veteran

Yeah..picking is fairly slim this end of Canada when buying new. I have yet to find a dealer for some decent mud tires.

Old 04-08-2010, 01:41 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

You could take a look at those Wild Country MTX mud tires. They're cheap, and Wild Country is made by Cooper too.

I have the XTX All-Terrain and haven't had an issue or anything with them.

You should take a look in the tires section on here. There was a member who just bought some MTX's and they look pretty mean.

Old 04-08-2010, 03:32 PM
BF Veteran

My problem is still finding someone who sells them down here lol. I know of all kinds of tires I'd like to have, but haven't been able to find them yet. I'm going to keep looking around town though.

Old 04-08-2010, 04:05 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I found this for you... too bad it's so damn far away from you though... better price than what you found though.

http://sudbury.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ191138008

*EDIT* apparently I like the word "though"

Quick Reply: Good deal? or waste of money?